Online Application Frequently Asked Questions
- When can I use the online system?
- Will my application be secure?
- Who makes the application?
- What details will be requested online?
- How can I get information about schools online?
- How will I know that the changes have been logged?
- What do I need to apply online?
- How do I apply online?
- How do I choose my address in the online application?
- Can I apply for the same school more than once to make sure I get it?
- Can I change my application online?
- Can I receive my offer by email or online?
- Do I have to list more than one school - I only want one.
- Do I need to enter my postcode at all?
- Can I change my address?
- If I stop half-way through the application process, can I come back to it later?
- How do I select what type of application I am making (Reception or Secondary Transfer)?
- I have applied online but I am worried that my application was not received by you.
- I think I have made a mistake online - how can I fix it?
- Once I have completed the online form, should I send in the paper form too just to make sure?
- Contact the Admissions Service
Applications for a Year 7 place in September 2020 can be made online from 1 September 2019 until 31 October 2019.
Applications for a Reception place in September 2020 can be made online from 1 September 2019 until 15 January 2020.
The online system will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from 1 September until the closing date for applications on 31 October (secondary transfer) and 15 January (reception).
Yes, the system has a series of security features that will prevent others from seeing your information. You should take care to keep your registration password secret.
The person who has parental responsibility should normally submit the application for the child’s school place.
If you need further advice about who should apply for your child’s school place please contact the school admissions team.
You will be asked the same questions as if you were making a paper application.
After submitting your application online you will be expected to send proof of address documentation to the school admissions team directly.
Instructions about this are given during the application procedure.
Information about schools are available from:
You should decide your preferred schools before starting the application online.
As you progress through the application form each page will be saved as you move to the next one. You can complete part of your application and come back to it at any time before the closing dates to finish it off or make changes.
However you must submit your application before it is passed to the Admissions Service. If you do not submit your application it will not be considered.
If you have previously submitted your application and you then make changes you must submit again for them to be recorded.
Once you have submitted your application you will be sent an email to confirm this and listing all the application details.
You need access to a computer and the Internet. The Council offers free computer access at public libraries. You must also have a working email address.
The online application form for all London residents is hosted by the London Grid for Learning.
Before you can make an online application you must register with the London Grid for Learning website.
To do this you must supply:
- an email address, and
- a password (that you make up yourself)
- Select ‘Register to apply online' and enter your details
- Create a password for your account. It must be between 6 and 16 characters long.
- Complete the answers to 3 security questions.
- Your account has now been created. Make a note of your password and username, then click where it says ‘Click here to continue your eAdmissions application’.
- Log in to the eAdmissions website to start your child’s application.
- You will be sent a validation email after you login to the eAdmissions website. You MUST click the link in this email to validate your account. If you do not validate your account then you will not be able to make an application for your child.
- You will then be able to start the application process.
- You will need your username and password to log onto the eAdmissions website each time you return to change or view your application
- You will also need your user name and password to view your outcome and accept your offer online. Please remember to store these in a safe place
Detailed instructions are available in the Pan London eAdmissions - help document (PDF, 7MB).
After you have added all of your school preferences:
- Check that all of the details you entered are correct
- Read the declaration and tick the box to accept it
- Click the ‘Submit Application’ button
- Once you have submitted your application you will be able to attach documents
- You will receive an email confirmation with your Application Reference Number similar to this: 309-2020-E-XXXXX
- If you do not receive an email confirmation with your Application Reference Number, please contact us to check if your application has been submitted
You must click the submit button by the Primary or Secondary closing date. If you do not do this, your application will not be processed.
The online application form will attempt to match your postcode against the official post office address list. Please ensure the address you provide is your child’s permanent address. This will be verified against council records.
You may need to scroll down on the address list as it is not always displayed in numerical order. If you are unable to locate your address please call 020 8489 1000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org - do not use any other address.
When you apply you must supply two proofs of your home address either in paper format or by scanning or photographing them and attaching them to your online application. You are given details about the proofs required and how to submit them as part of the online application process.
No. The online system will not allow you to select the same school more than once.
There is no advantage including the same school more than once, as all applications are processed equally.
If your child qualifies for more than one school, we will offer you the highest ranked school for which your child has qualified.
Yes. If you have applied online you can make changes up until the closing date by returning to the online e-admissions website and editing your application.
If you send in a paper application before the application deadline and then decide to make changes, you can still do this as long as we receive written requests before the deadline.
Changes requested over the telephone will not be accepted. Preferences cannot be changed after the application deadline unless you move to a new permanent address and you will need to let us know and provide the relevant proofs by 12 December 2019 (Secondary Transfer) or 11 February 2020 (Reception and Junior Transfer).
Any changes made after the closing date will not be applied until after National Offer Day.
If you applied online then you will be sent an email informing you of the outcome of your application during the evening of the relevant National Offer Day.
We strongly recommend you list more than one school.
There is no advantage in listing fewer schools.
If you choose to list just one (or two) and are unsuccessful, you will have no say in the school you are allocated.
You could be allocated a school some distance from your home if nearer schools have received more applications than there are places.
Yes. The postcode is very important. You must give a postcode that is recognised by the online application system or you will not be able to apply online.
We can only accept changes of address once they have taken place. We will not be able to process your application from an intended address. Notice of an actual change of address must be provided to the Haringey Admissions team in writing with the appropriate evidence.
If you move address, please let us know immediately and provide the evidence set out above. If you do not tell us about a move, or about a declared house move that has failed to take place, we may withdraw your application or any offer of a school place we have made.
All changes of address will be thoroughly investigated and for a change of address to be taken into account for your admission application, you must have taken up residence before 12 December 2019 (Secondary Transfer) or 11 February 2020 (Reception and Junior Transfer). If we receive the required proof of address on or before this date then we will be able to use your new address to measure your home to school distances. If we receive the information after this date then we will not be able to update your home to school distances until after National Offer Day.
Yes, it is possible to come back to your application to complete it or make changes.
You will need your email and password to log into the website when you return to complete or change your application.
We advise you to make your application in one go, in case you forget to complete your application at a later date.
After you have registered, you then choose the type of application you wish to make.
You will receive an email confirmation that your application has been successfully submitted. This lists the complete application in detail and gives the application reference number.
You should also print a copy of the application after you have submitted it which gives all the details and an application reference number.
This can be presented in the unlikely situation that your application does not make it to the council.
You can change online applications up to the closing date.
You should do this yourself by going back to the website. We cannot amend your application on your behalf or make changes over the telephone.
If you wish to change your application after the closing date you will need to email or write to the school admissions team.
Changes to your preferred schools made after the closing date will render the application late unless there are exceptional circumstances.
No, if you have made an online application, do not complete a paper form. If you submit more than one application, either online or on paper, only the last application received will be considered.
School Admissions Team
River Park House
225 High Road
Tel: 020 8489 1000