In-year admissions to school
If your child was born on or between:
- 1 September 2007 and 31 August 2014 - they must be in primary education.
- 1 September 2002 and 31 August 2007 - they must be in secondary education.
You should apply for a school place using our online in-year form below if:
- your child lives in Haringey and does not currently have a school place
- your child has recently moved to Haringey from abroad or elsewhere in the UK and does not currently have a school place
- you wish to transfer them to a Haringey school
Important things to consider before applying
Moving your child from one primary or secondary school to another (also known as an in-year move) is a big decision for you and for your child. If you’re not moving address and would like to change your child’s school, you should consider the following before you make your decision:
- Why are you moving your child and can you resolve any concerns you have with the school or with your child, without changing school?
- How will your child cope with learning new rules and having to do things differently, or possibly having missed important work? Children who transfer schools after their exam subjects have been chosen in Year 9 may find that they can’t do the same subjects, or that the exam board and courses are different
- If your child has brothers or sisters at the same school, transferring one child may affect his or her sibling(s)
- Will it be difficult for you to have children attending different schools, for example with drop-off at the beginning of the day or pick up in the afternoon, or because the schools have different term dates?
You also need to bear in mind that most schools in Haringey are full and we may not be able to offer you the school that you want straight away or indeed at all. To make sure that you are taking the decision in the best interests of your child we recommend that you sit down with your child and ask them whether or not they want to move to another school. If they tell you that they are being bullied or not getting on with other pupils, you should speak to your child’s Form Tutor or Head of Year first, to resolve any problems your child may be having.
If you’ve done this and still have concerns, or are unhappy about the way the school is dealing with your concerns, you should make an appointment to speak to the headteacher of the school.
Please remember, a decision to move a child from one school to another should not be taken without careful consideration.
How to Apply
- Read about schools and the application process in the Primary School Admissions Booklet (PDF, 7MB) or Secondary School Admissions Booklet (PDF, 5MB)
- Find your nearest school using the schools finder service (external link)
- Complete our Online In-Year Application Form. Alternatively you can call the number below to have a paper form posted to you.
- If you have already completed this form within the last month, and you wish to report a change of circumstances or would like to change your school preferences, please do not complete a new form, but instead email the School Admissions team: email@example.com
If you would like to apply for a school outside Haringey, please contact the local authority the school is located in for details on how to apply.
How to Respond
Your child's offer of a school place will be emailed or posted to you. You should respond online using the information provided with your offer, or write to us via the email or postal addresses below.
Contact the Admissions Service
School Admissions Team
River Park House
225 High Road
Tel: 020 8489 1000