Consultation on school admission arrangements 2021/22
This consultation closed on 7 January 2020 - any responses submitted after this date will not be considered.
Thank you to all those who responded.
What happens next?
Consideration of all feedback from stakeholders together with all other material considerations will inform the final report to be presented to Cabinet in February 2020.
All admission authorities must determine their final admission arrangements for 2021/22 by no later than 28 February 2020. The council's Cabinet will make the final decision on our arrangements in February 2020 and our arrangements will be published shortly after that date.
What we consulted on
We wanted to know what you think about our proposed admission arrangements for community and voluntary controlled (VC) primary and secondary schools for the academic year 2021/22.
The proposed arrangements are set out below.
We consult on our admission arrangements annually irrespective of whether or not there is a proposed change to the arrangements. This is to ensure transparency and openness on the contents of our arrangements and to allow parents, carers and other stakeholders who might not previously been interested in admission arrangements (perhaps because they didn’t have a child of school age) to make a representation that can then be considered as part of the determination of the arrangements.
This year we are not proposing a change to the oversubscription criteria for community and VC schools.
Proposed In-year Fair Access Protocol
We are consulting on the proposed In-year Fair Access Protocol (IYFAP) which all schools and academies in Haringey must follow. An In-Year Fair Access Protocol (IYFAP) has been agreed in Haringey to ensure unplaced children, especially the most vulnerable, are offered a school place without delay and is a statutory requirement set out in the School Admissions code 2014.
In using the Protocol, it ensures that these children and young people are shared fairly across all Haringey schools and that this process is open and transparent. Haringey’s Protocol is consulted on annually and para 3 of the Protocol in Appendix 5 sets out that "it is essential to the success of IYFAP that all Head teachers and governing bodies agree to the aims, principles and procedures and give their fullest support."
The following schools are also consulting on their proposed admission arrangements for the academic year 2021/22:
Federation of St Peter's in Chains and St Gildas' Catholic Schools
- St Peter's in Chains proposed admission arrangements (PDF, 160KB)
- St Peter's in Chains proposed supplementary information form (PDF, 176KB)
- St Gildas' proposed admission arrangements (PDF, 263KB)
- St Gildas' proposed supplementary information form (PDF, 396KB)
St John Vianney Catholic School
- St John Vianney proposed admission arrangements (PDF, 263KB)
- St John Vianney proposed supplementary information form (PDF, 278KB)
St Mary's CE Primary School
- St Mary's CE proposed admission arrangements (PDF, 381KB)
- St Mary's CE proposed Foundation supplementary information form (PDF, 433KB)
- St Mary's CE proposed Ministers form (PDF, 287KB)
St Michael's CofE Primary School (N6)
- St Michael's CofE Primary School proposed admission arrangments (PDF, 1.4MB)
- St Michael's Primary School supplementary information form (PDF, 276KB)
St James CofE Primary School
- St James CofE Consultation letter on proposed admission arrangements for 2021 (PDF, 275KB)
- St James CofE proposed admission arrangments 2021 (PDF, 577KB)
- St James CofE Primary School proposed admission arrangements (PDF, 176KB)
St Thomas More Catholic School
- St Thomas More Catholic School - consultation letter on admission arrangements (PDF, 188KB)
- St Thomas More Catholic School - admission arrangements 2021 (PDF, 36KB)
- St Thomas More Catholic School - Supplementary information form (PDF, 155KB)
- Admission arrangements for 2021/22 - consultation document (PDF, 354KB)
- Admission arrangements for 2021/22 - questionnaire only (PDF, 68KB)
- Section 1- Nursery (PDF, 46KB)
- Section 2 - Reception and Junior (PDF, 87KB)
- Section 3 - Secondary (PDF, 45KB)
- Section 4 - In-year scheme (PDF, 28KB)
- Section 5 - In-year fair access (PDF, 95KB)
- Section 6 - Sixth Form (PDF, 34KB)