The judges will base their decisions on the following criteria from all the nominations received:
- Outstanding improvement brought about by personal/team determination and ability, including overcoming barriers to progress
- Responsiveness to the needs of pupils or stakeholders
- Effective and imaginative use of resources, including, where appropriate, the use of information and communications technology
- Evidence of significant change and improvement
- Achievements that surpass expectations or go above and beyond someone’s day-to-day work
Please note that it's the quality of the nomination, not the quantity, that our judges will be looking at.
Support Staff of the Year Award
- To recognise an outstanding support staff in Early Years, Primary, Secondary, or Post-16 level
Overcoming Adversity Award
- To recognise a student who has overcome a personal challenge and achieved success at school
Early Years Champion Award
- To recognise excellent support for children and the wider family pre-school, spanning children’s centres, health, childcare, and other community services
Achievement in Sport Award
- Recognising individual, team or school achievement in a sport or outdoor activity demonstrating sportsmanship and commitment
Achievement in the Arts Award
- To recognise a young person or group excelling in an art form; including visual arts, the performing arts or music
Governor of the Year Award
- To recognise the important contribution made by school governors in improving education in Haringey
Community Hero Award
- To recognise students or staff who go out of their way to help others in their community
STEM Achievement Award - Primary
- To recognise outstanding work by a primary school pupil(s) in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) related areas
STEM Achievement Award - Secondary
- To recognise outstanding work by a secondary school student(s) in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) related areas
Apprentice of the Year Award
- To recognise an outstanding apprentice in Haringey, reflecting the evolving face of education and the growth in post-16 opportunities for the borough’s young people
Teacher of the Year Award
- To recognise an outstanding school teacher in Haringey who goes the extra mile to engage and inspire all children and young people to reach their full potential
The Councillor Egan Achievement Award
- To recognise the exceptional work, achievement or leadership of an individual in the field of education
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about the website
We are currently running a short survey about our Covid-19 response and information. You can take the Covid-19 survey here.
Contact us about our services
Please note if you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Give us feedback about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve the website.
Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?
* = response required