Free and discounted travel for children and students
The cost of home to school travel is covered by free transport provided by Transport for London (TfL). Visit the TfL website to find out more about free and discounted travel for children and students (external link).
- Travel for children under 11
- Travel for children aged 11-17
- Travel for students aged 18 or over
- School travel for children with SEN or a disability
Children under 5 travel free on TfL services with a fare paying adult. For more information visit the TfL website (external link).
Children aged 5-10:
- Travel free of charge on TfL buses and trams
- Travel free on the Tube, DLR, London Overground, TfL Rail and some National Rail services if accompanied by an adult
- With a Zip Oyster photocard can travel free on the Tube, DLR, London Overground, TfL Rail, some National Rail services, and more
Visit the TfL website to find out more about free and discounted travel for children aged 5-10 (external link).
Children aged 11-17 can get free and discounted travel on all TfL services with an 11-15 or 16+ Zip Oyster photocard.
Visit the TfL website to find out more about free and discounted travel for:
Students aged 18 or over living in a London borough can get discounted travel with an 18+ Oyster photocard.
Visit the TfL website to find out whether you qualify and how to apply (external link).
Parents of children with SEN or a disability should visit the SEND School Transport page for full information about travel provision and Haringey's SEND travel policy.
For more information please see our SEND travel policy 2018-2020 (PDF, 201KB). There are no updates to this policy in 2019.
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about the website
We are currently running a short survey about our Covid-19 response and information. You can take the Covid-19 survey here.
Contact us about our services
Please note if you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Give us feedback about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve the website.
Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?
* = response required