Specialist holidays, funding and charities
The organisations listed below offer holidays and activities for families with a disabled child or young person. Some may be able to offer financial help or practical support while others will offer children with life-limiting or serious illnesses a chance to have the holiday or experience of a lifetime.
We can’t provide references for the below organisations as they aren’t endorsed by us. You should always check the individual website for eligibility criteria.
- Alice's Escapes (external link) - offers free holidays to families with seriously ill children.
- Christian Lewis Trust (external link) - offers free holidays for children with cancer.
- CLIC Sargent (external link) - offers free short breaks for children with cancer.
- Day Trippers (external link) - offers funding for group day trips.
- Dial a Dream (external link) - for 3-18 year-olds with a life-limiting illness.
- DisabledGo (external link) - lets you search for accessible venues and activities.
- Dreams Come True (external link) - for 2-21 year-olds a terminal or life-threatening illness.
- Dream Flight (external link) - offers seriously ill children the holiday of a lifetime.
- Family Holiday Association (external link) - offers short breaks for disadvantaged families.
- Family Fund (external link) - offers grants and help for children and young people with a severe disability or serious life-threatening illness.
- Hannah's Appeal (external link) - offers free UK breaks for seriously ill children or families who have lost a child.
- Happy Days (external link) - offers holidays and theatre trips.
- Kids Out (external link) - offers days out and toy boxes for disadvantaged children.
- Make a Wish (external link) - for children with life-threatening conditions.
- Merlin's Magic Wand (external link) - offers days out at Merlin Group attractions.
- Nancy Oldfield (external link) - offers activities on the Norfolk Broads.
- Rays of Sunshine (external link) - for 3-18 year-olds with a serious or life-threatening illness.
- Round Table Children's Wish (external link) - offers wishes for children with life threatening illnesses.
- Sunny Days Fund (external link) - offers holiday homes in the UK for disabled children.
- The Dream Team Charity (external link) - grants the wishes of disabled and terminally ill children.
- Try B4 U Fly (external link) - offers trials for specially designed aircraft seating support.
- TSC Trust (external link) - offers holidays, activities and day trips.
- Your Dream Factory (external link) - for 3-25 year-olds with a life-threatening condition or severe disability
Page Last Updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required
In this section
- Early support
- Disabled Children Team
- Adaptations service
- Short breaks and respite
- Community groups and services
- THRIVE Framework
- Leisure activities
- National organisations
- Bereavement, hospitals, and other organisations
- Specialist holidays, funding and charities