Specialist holidays, funding and charities
The organisations listed below offer holidays and activities for families with a disabled child or young person. Some may be able to offer financial help or practical support while others will offer children with life-limiting or serious illnesses a chance to have the holiday or experience of a lifetime.
We can’t provide references for the below organisations as they aren’t endorsed by us. You should always check the individual website for eligibility criteria.
- Alice's Escapes (external link) - offers free holidays to families with seriously ill children.
- Christian Lewis Trust (external link) - offers free holidays for children with cancer.
- CLIC Sargent (external link) - offers free short breaks for children with cancer.
- Day Trippers (external link) - offers funding for group day trips.
- Dial a Dream (external link) - for 3-18 year-olds with a life-limiting illness.
- DisabledGo (external link) - lets you search for accessible venues and activities.
- Dreams Come True (external link) - for 2-21 year-olds a terminal or life-threatening illness.
- Dream Flight (external link) - offers seriously ill children the holiday of a lifetime.
- Family Holiday Association (external link) - offers short breaks for disadvantaged families.
- Family Fund (external link) - offers grants and help for children and young people with a severe disability or serious life-threatening illness.
- Hannah's Appeal (external link) - offers free UK breaks for seriously ill children or families who have lost a child.
- Happy Days (external link) - offers holidays and theatre trips.
- Kids Out (external link) - offers days out and toy boxes for disadvantaged children.
- Make a Wish (external link) - for children with life-threatening conditions.
- Merlin's Magic Wand (external link) - offers days out at Merlin Group attractions.
- Nancy Oldfield (external link) - offers activities on the Norfolk Broads.
- Rays of Sunshine (external link) - for 3-18 year-olds with a serious or life-threatening illness.
- Round Table Children's Wish (external link) - offers wishes for children with life threatening illnesses.
- Sunny Days Fund (external link) - offers holiday homes in the UK for disabled children.
- The Dream Team Charity (external link) - grants the wishes of disabled and terminally ill children.
- Try B4 U Fly (external link) - offers trials for specially designed aircraft seating support.
- TSC Trust (external link) - offers holidays, activities and day trips.
- Your Dream Factory (external link) - for 3-25 year-olds with a life-threatening condition or severe disability
Page Last Updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please click the button below.
In this section
- Early support
- Disabled Children Team
- Adaptations service
- Short breaks and respite
- Community groups and services
- THRIVE Framework
- Leisure activities
- National organisations
- Bereavement, hospitals, and other organisations
- Specialist holidays, funding and charities