- Children’s centres run lots of activities for children under five and their families. See also a full list of parenting support activities.
- Haringey Council Libraries run many activities for under 5s as well as for older children. These range from reading and board games to messy mornings and toy sessions.
- Youth Space has information on activities and events for young people aged 11 to 25 in Haringey, including groups such as the Haringey Youth Council and opportunities in music and radio. The youth service can also provide advice on college or university applications, and job hunting.
- There are several leisure centres in Haringey, run by Fusion Leisure, with swimming pools, gyms and group classes.
- You can find other sports clubs and groups on the Proactive North London website, many of which are set up for children and young people with disabilities or SEN.
- The council pulls together a list of all of the holiday activities taking place in Haringey for children and young people, including those suitable for children with disabilities or SEN, like the Highgate Inclusive Tennis Club (PDF, 200KB)
Accessible leisure activities
- Your Local Cinema - subtitled films (external link)
- Stage text (external link) - captioned screenings of theatre shows. You need to be quick to book tickets as they sell fast!
- Theatresign (external link) - BSL interpretation of theatre shows
- CEA Card (external link) - a cinema card that entitles someone to go with you for free (as a carer). You need to have DLA/PIP to be eligible for this. It costs £6 a year, and you can apply online
- The London Transport Museum has created this useful visual story guide for families (PDF, 2MB) who may wish to visit the Museum
Page Last Updated:
September 30, 2020
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required
In this section
- Early support
- Disabled Children Team
- Adaptations service
- Short breaks and respite
- Community groups and services
- THRIVE Framework
- Leisure activities
- National organisations
- Bereavement, hospitals, and other organisations
- Specialist holidays, funding and charities