The Haringey core standards for SEND set out the Local Authority’s expectations for the quality of provision for pupils with SEND in mainstream educational settings in Haringey.
This year, our SENDCo Support Partners will deliver training on each of the core standards aimed at all school senior leaders. You can attend the whole series or the ones you are interested in.
You can read more about the offer in the training brochure: Education Inclusion Team: Core, Traded and Training Brochure (PDF, 5.3 MB)
Primary school speech, language and communication needs (SLCN) pathway
The SLCN SEND speech and language pathway (PDF, 160KB) for primary school-aged children changed on 1 September 2023.
You can read more about how to explain the pathway to parents here on the Speech and Language Therapy Service webpage.
New referral forms for the Speech and Language Therapy Service are available to download here on our Useful Forms for SENDCos webpage.
Talk to your language support teacher or school therapist if you need to learn more about the pathway.
Self-Evaluation and Action Planning for SEND
All schools are asked to use the 4-point Haringey Evaluation schedule to self-evaluate their SEND provision. The outcomes of this should be recorded on the Evaluate My School portal and updated at least once within the school year.
All headteachers and SENDCos are allocated a login for Evaluate My School. EvaluateMySchool – Expert Education Evaluation (external link) If you need a new login, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a recourse, the SEND Action Plan template (Word, 212KB) is available for schools to use.
SENDCo Support Partners
SENDCO Support Partners is a team of experienced SENDCos who work for Haringey Education Partnership (HEP) and support schools and SENDCos through consultancy, training, networks and coaching.
The local authority commissions some support from the team, but schools can also commission it themselves.
SENDCo Mainstream Cluster Groups
These are groups of local mainstream schools, separated by phase, led by a SENDCo Support Partner, meet each term to:
- develop school capacity to meet the needs of children with SEND by strengthening collaborative partnerships to support and challenge.
- create a distributed leadership model for SEND across Haringey
- maximise the use of resources through joint commissioning to achieve economies of scale and targeting support.
- improve consistency of provision for children across Haringey schools
Muswell Hill and Highgate
- Coldfall Primary
- Eden Primary
- Highgate Primary
- Muswell Hill Primary
- Our Lady of Muswell RC Primary
- Rhodes Avenue Primary
- St James CE Primary
- St Martin of Porres RC Primary
- St Michael's CE Primary N6 Tetherdown Primary
- St Paul's RC Primary
SENDCo Support Partner: Sarah Ostroff email@example.com
Hornsey and Stroud Green
- Campsbourne Primary
- Coleridge Primary
- Rokesly Infant and Nursery School Rokesly Junior
- St Aidan's Primary
- St Mary's CE Primary, N8
- St Peter & St Gildas’ RC Schools Stroud Green Primary
- Weston Park Primary
SENDCo Support Partner: Kate Birch firstname.lastname@example.org
Harringay and West Green
- Belmont Infants
- Belmont Juniors
- Chestnuts Primary
- Harris Primary Academy Philip Lane North Harringay Primary
- Seven Sisters Primary South Harringay I&J School
- St John Vianney RC Primary
- St Mary's Priory RC I&J School
- The Willow on Broadwater Primary West Green Primary
SENDCo Support Partner: Coelina Carter email@example.com
- St Ann's CE Primary
- Alexandra Primary
- Bounds Green Infants & Juniors Earlham Primary
- Holy Trinity CE Primary Lordship Lane Primary
- Noel Park Primary Academy
- St Michael's CE Primary N22
- Trinity Primary Academy
SENDCo Support Partner: Katie Rye firstname.lastname@example.org
North East Tottenham
- Harris Academy Tottenham
- Lancasterian Primary
- Lea Valley Primary
- Risley Avenue Primary
- St Francis de Sales I&J School
- St Paul's & All Hallows I&J School
- The Devonshire Hill Primary
- Brook House
SENDCo Support Partner: Hazel Menzes email@example.com
South East Tottenham
- Bruce Grove Primary
- Crowland Primary
- Earlsmead Primary
- Ferry Lane Primary
- Harris Coleraine Park Academy
- St Ignatius RC Primary
- The Mulberry Primary
- Tiverton Primary
- Welbourne Primary
SENDCo Support Partner: Aria Zavrou firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top
The SENDCo forums are a great place to meet other SENDCos who work across Haringey mainstream schools and provide an opportunity to share your knowledge and expertise about different aspects of special educational needs and inclusion.
The agenda for our forums is driven by our SENCos and focuses on topics they would like further reflection on and support with. We also regularly invite organisations and speakers to our networks. Hence, it's a brilliant way of deepening your knowledge of what's available locally, the national SEND picture, and networking with others in the field of SEND. The dates for the forums for 2023-24 are:
- Wednesday 1 November - 9am to 12.30pm
- Wednesday 21 February - 9am to 12.30pm
- Wednesday 5 June - 9am to 12.30pm
They take place online or in local schools.
In addition to the SENDCo forum, the Educational Inclusion team and Educational Psychology Service provide an extensive SEND training programme. The programme includes both online and face-to-face sessions delivered centrally and sessions which can be personalised for delivery to individuals or groups of schools.
The SEND training offer is a traded service that can be purchased as a package that costs £3 per pupil with discounts if you subscribe to the HEP or Early Years packages or on a pay-as-you-go basis.
You can find out what's on by looking in our brochure, below. To book your place email email@example.com
Other good places to access SEND training are:
Back to top
SENDCo drop-in events
You can book a drop-in appointment with a team member if you have other queries. Appointments last 15-minute slots, and SENDCos should use the following link to book, ensuring all relevant information is completed before the meeting:
Current available dates can be found below; future dates will be communicated via the SEND Newsletter every month.
- Wednesday 20 September (3pm to 5pm)
- Wednesday 4 October (3pm to 5pm)
- Wednesday 18 October (3pm to 5pm)
- Wednesday 1 November June (3pm to 5pm)
- Wednesday 15 November (3pm to 5pm)
- Wednesday 29 November (3pm to 5pm)
- Wednesday 1 December (3pm to 5pm)
Back to top
For further details, please contact Ellika McAuley, the SEND adviser.
Back to top