Elevated Youth Haringey
Elevated Youth Haringey is a forum for young people with SEND.
It encourages young people with lived experience of SEND to help design the service by shaping it from within. The forum fosters community and connections among young people, organisations, and borough communities. Participants can make new friends and connections in this enjoyable and friendly environment.
The youth forum meets monthly at Rising Green Youth Hub. Meetings include food, games, and discussions that shape the service and decision-making boards. Participants can also earn qualifications.
The panel now has 20 members ranging in age from 11-24.
Panel members include: Zakariya Ahmed, Olayinka Akibo, Olatoy Akibo, Lois Charles, Mia Currie, James Davis, Ciara Marguerite Dowling, Andrew Ellul, Lucus Elms, Voshon Etienne-Rigby, Vanique Etienne-Rigby, Zach Opere-Onguende, Eden Robson, Macie Robson, Danielle Tisdall, Sofia Andrade-Marin, Kevin Andrade-Marin, Daniel Bartlett and Joshua Campbell.
Work, activities and projects
- Build community, friendships and develop leadership skills
- Attend and speak at panels and Boards with leadership to share their input and experiences
- Participation in community workshops which has resulted in work being displayed for a project promoting Wood Green and Haringey Feast
- Evaluate local activities and organisations for SEND accessibility, offering guidance to other young people with SEND and their families
- Share advice for fellow young people with SEND
- Test activities and services and tell us how we can improve
- Share experiences and insights with council leaders to influence and shape service decisions collaboratively
Activities and support for young people with SEND
Preparing for Adulthood (14 - 25 years) Service: This section includes information on getting a job, where to live, getting the right benefits, managing your health, transition and more. Visit the Preparing for Adulthood webpage.
Supported internship programme: A supported internship programme is a work-based learning programme for 17 to 25-year-olds with an Education, Health, and Care Plan (EHCP). Visit the Supported Internship Programme webpage.
Get Out Get Active (GOGA) Haringey: A programme supporting disabled and non-disabled people to be active together. You can search for activities such as 'art', 'football', 'theatre and performing arts' and more. Visit the GOGO webpage to search for activities.
More events and activities: Find more events and activities for young people with SEND
Note for iPhone users and Youtube. There is a known bug with iOS and Youtube, Two buttons are read before the player but provide no functionality. We advise that you skip these to access the content.
Inclusive Martial Arts: Elevated Youth's Journey to Bruce Grove Youth Hub
- Members of Elevated Youth Haringey joined Bruce Grove's weekly free martial arts session tailored for young people with disabilities. Read about their martial arts experience.
- Young people stepped into the roles of the Leader of the Council, Chief Executive, Mayor, Director of Children's Services and our Head of SEND! Read all about our first-ever Youth Takeover Day.
Youth Panel's inspiring visit to Alexandra Palace's 'Living with' exhibition
- The paid a visit to the 'Living with' exhibition at Alexandra Palace, a collection of diverse family and friendship portraits by photographer Kristina Varaksina. Read more about our visit to the 'Living with' exhibition.
Talented Artist Sofia Andrade Marin Brightens Rising Green Youth Hub
- Sofia is the newest member of Elevated Youth Haringey, our youth panel for young people with SEND, and she is a gifted artist. Read more about Sofia.
Elevated Youth Haringey at Markfield: Exploring a Youth Social Club
- Andrew, one of our panel members, went on an adventure to the Markfield Project to experience their 'All for One' club. Read more about Andrew's Markfield visit.
Elevated Youth blossoms with artistic contribution to Haringey Feast
- Elevated Youth recently contributed to the Haringey Feast during their last panel meeting, with the guidance of local artist Siân Dorman from PLASTIQUE. Read more about Elevated Youth's contribution to Haringey Feast.
Meet Zakariya Ahmed, Our Youngest Member of the SEND Youth Panel
- Zakariya Ahmed, the youngest member of our youth forum for young people with SEND. Zak shares his passion for cricket and finding a sense of belonging at North Middlesex Cricket Club. Read more about Zak!
The sky is the limit with Elevated Youth Haringey
- Elevated Youth Haringey set out to test the boundaries of what young people with SEND can achieve, ultimately discovering that such boundaries do not exist. Read about their exhilarating Dare Skywalk adventure.
Showcasing Wood Green's hidden gems with Danielle from Elevated Youth Haringey
- At the Shaping Wood Green launch event, an exhibition that showcased photos of Wood Green's hidden gems featured many of Danielle's remarkable photographs! Read about the launch event and Danielle's contribution.
Ciara of Elevated Youth Haringey shares her journey with Autism
- Ciara openly shared her experiences as a young person navigating life with autism at a recent SEND event. Read about the event and Ciara's impactful speech
As part of Elevated Youth's 'What to do in Haringey' series, the group visited 2 Haringey theatres to watch 2 different films.
Zach has become the first young person to join the SEND Executive Board, an influential body responsible for shaping the direction and design of SEND services!
Danielle, the newest Elevated Youth Haringey panel member, recently participated in a youth photography workshop through the Shaping Wood Green programme.
Learn more and get involved
Zach outside of Ludo's at Blue House Yard with Ludo the dog!
Ciara with the Director of Children's Services, Ann Graham
Danielle with Councillor Peray Ahmet, Leader of Haringey Council at the launch event for Shaping Wood Green.
Danielle looking through a camera lens during the Capturing Wood Green workshop
Two of Danielle's photographs from the Capturing Wood Green workshop
Zakariya at his favourite place in Haringey Borough, North Middlesex Cricket Club
Joshua Campbell, the newest member of Elevated Youth Haringey; Andrew Ellul, one of the first members; and Zakariya Ahmed, the youngest member standing at the top of the Tottenham Dare Skywalk.
Sofia Andrade Marin with her hand painted portrait of Amy Winehouse
Lois Charles as the Head of SEND for Youth Takeover Day 2023
From left: Councillor Zena Brabazon, Macie, Andrew, Danielle, Sofia, and Councillor Peray Ahmet, the Leader of the Council.
Zak before delivering his speech at the citizenship ceremony with Councillor Lester Buxton, the Mayor of Haringey.
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please click the button below.