Preparing for Adulthood (14 - 25 years)
Our commitment is to enhance support for young individuals as they transition into adulthood. PfA fosters collaboration between children's and adult health and social care services, providing practical advice and guidance for those soon to become adults.
This section includes information on getting a job, where to live, getting the right benefits, managing your health, transition and more.
Preparation for Adulthood (PfA) action plan: bi-annual report
- In November 2022, we relaunched PfA to address family challenges and establish a robust information-sharing framework. Our focus areas and senior reporting officers drive outcomes, ensuring high-quality care for young people with various needs.
- Our bi-annual report monitors progress and upholds our commitment to a successful transition into adulthood. PfA remains central to our council's values, promoting a collaborative approach with other departments and health colleagues.
- We're dedicated to creating a streamlined process involving young people, parents, and carers to navigate essential services effectively
Download the Preparation for Adulthood action plan:
- Preparation for Adulthood (PfA) action plan bi-annual report (PDF, 704KB)
- SEND Preparation for Adulthood Action Plan 2022-24 (PDF, 403KB)
- SEND Preparation for Adulthood Action Plan Easy Read (PDF, 975KB)
Preparing for Adulthood Pathway Guide
- This guide is designed for young people aged 14-25 with SEND, their parents, carers, and professionals. It outlines how services should collaborate to help these individuals prepare for adulthood.
- View the Preparing for adulthood pathway guide (PDF, 3.5MB)