My child or young person might be autistic

If you think your child may be autistic, you can initiate a referral with your GP, or you can discuss with your health visitor/school staff.

Also, GPs and school staff can refer secondary school age children to Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) to begin the assessment procedure.

Page last updated:

October 17, 2022