Request an EHC Needs Assessment
Parents/carers, or the young person themselves, can ask us for an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Needs Assessments as well as anyone at school or college.
Haringey Eligibility EHC Needs Assessment May 2018 (PDF, 278KB) will tell you what is needed when you are making the decision to request an EHC Needs Assessment.
In order to request an assessment:
- Parents can complete the:
- Students can complete the:
- Professionals can complete the Request for an Education Health and Care Needs Assessment (Word, 129KB) Request for an Education Health Care Needs Assessment (Word, 129KB)
- The EHC guidance document has been updated for 2022
For all enquiries regarding requests for EHCs, including if you do not already have one, you should contact a member of the Special Educational Needs Team on:
- For children in early years and up to and including year 5 - SENDTeam1@haringey.gov.uk
- For children in years 6 to 11 - SENDTeam2@haringey.gov.uk
- For young people in year 12 onwards - SENDTeam3@haringey.gov.uk
Please post or email any documents to the SEND team:
Special Educational Needs
48 Station Road
How to get help to apply for an EHC
If you require independent help to apply for an EHC please contact the Haringey Information Advice and Support Service (IASS) on Tel: 020 8800 2611.
Please note: EHC plans are educational plans in the first instance, so the pupils school SENCO, educational psychologist and relevant support staff such as therapists, specialists teachers or CAMH’s professionals if involved, will be asked to provide evidence such as reports and letters.
Page Last Updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please click the button below.