Request an EHC Needs Assessment
Parents/carers, or the young person themselves, can ask us for an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Needs Assessments as well as anyone at school or college.
Haringey Eligibility EHC Needs Assessment May 2018 (PDF, 278KB) will tell you what is needed when you are making the decision to request an EHC Needs Assessment.
In order to request an assessment:
- Parents can complete the Parent EHC Needs Assessment Request Form (Word, 50KB) - A PDF version is also available: Parent EHC Needs Assessment Request Form (PDF, 150KB)
- Students can complete the Student EHC Needs Assessment Request Form (Word, 51KB) - A PDF version is also available: Student EHC Needs Assessment Request Form (PDF, 151KB)
- Professionals can complete the EHC Needs Assessment Referral Form (Word, 274KB)
- The EHC guidance document has been updated and is available here: Completing the perfect EHC Needs Assessment Application (PDF, 115KB)
For all enquiries regarding requests for EHC’s, including if you do not already have one, you should contact a member of the Special Educational Needs Team on:
- Tel: 020 8489 1913
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 020 8489 3792
Please post or email any documents to the SEND team:
- Special Educational Needs
Alexandra House - 2nd Floor
10 Station Road
How to get help to apply for an EHC
If you require independent help to apply for an EHC please contact the Haringey Information Advice and Support service (IASS) on Tel: 020 8800 2611.
Please note: EHC plans are educational plans in the first instance, so the pupils school SENCO, educational psychologist and relevant support staff such as therapists, specialists teachers or CAMH’s professionals if involved, will be asked to provide evidence such as reports and letters.
The EHC parents guidance document is currently being updated and will available soon.
Page Last Updated:
Tell us what you think about the website
We are currently running a short survey about our Covid-19 response and information. You can take the Covid-19 survey here.
Contact us about our services
Please note if you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Give us feedback about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve the website.
Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?
* = response required