Personal Outcomes Evaluation Tool (POET) survey - If you are a young person with SEND; a parent or carer of a child or young person with SEND or a SEND practitioner, help us to improve our services by completing the POET survey

High Needs Block Recovery Plan

To manage the increasing deficit within the Dedicated Schools Grant (DSG), we have developed a High Needs Block Recovery Plan which will seek to stabilise the increasing overspend alongside improving outcomes for children and young people. A DSG Steering Group is in place, chaired by the Director of Children's Services and providing robust scrutiny and oversight on DSG expenditure and mitigation to reduce the overspend position.

The SEND executive, which has representation from Haringey Parent Carers Forum and the Schools Forum, receives progress updates on a regular basis.

See below documents which include a summary of progress made against this plan:

We have been invited to participate in the national Safety Valve Programme, a summary of our proposals that have been submitted for approval are referenced below.

Page last updated:

November 3, 2022

Tell us what you think about this page

Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.

Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.

* = response required

Ease of use

Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?

Service required

What was the main service you were interested in today?

Purpose of visit

What was your main purpose for coming to the website today?

Device and browser information

It will help us understand any problems if you can tell us a bit about what you are using to browse the website:

Which type of device are you using right now? (optional)
Which browser are you using? (optional)

Your comments

Please use the following space to tell us more about your visit today. 

Please note that if you want to report a problem with a council service or have a general service request, you will need to contact Customer Services directly.


Did you find what you were looking for? (optional)