What is the Pupil Premium?
LAC Pupil Premium Plus
- Since 1 April 2014 'Pupil Premium Plus' has seen funding to support children in care at school increase by £1,000 per pupil to make it £1,900 per child
- Children will be eligible as soon as they enter care, rather than the previous criterion requiring a child to be in care for six months prior to 1 April to qualify for the full amount
- The grant allocation of the LAC Pupil Premium Plus (LACPPP) must be managed by the Virtual School Head in the authority which looks after the children. Download the Haringey LACPPP Guide (PDF, 355KB)
- Use of the Pupil Premium should be recorded on the PEP. See: How schools can use the LAC Pupil Premium Grant (see the Sutton Trust toolkit link below)
- Children educated in Haringey but looked after by another local authority, will have their Pupil Premium paid through the authority that looks after them (not by Haringey)
Pupil Premium for Vulnerable Pupils
- Many schools have been allocated additional funding to support vulnerable pupils. Children in care are regarded as vulnerable and therefore should benefit from the general PPG allocated for Vulnerable children, in addition to the Pupil Premium Plus
Please refer to the Sutton Trust Toolkit of Strategies to Improve Learning (external link) - Summary for Schools, Spending the Pupil Premium.
Current spend of the LACPPP for Haringey Children in Care
Using information available from a selection of current Personal Education Plans (PEPs) we have collated examples of how LACPPG has been spent to support the educational attainment of Haringey Children in Care.
Examples of Haringey LACPPG Spend - Academic year 2013-14
- Collated February 2014
The majority of the LACPPG spend documented on the PEP has been spent on tuition with a focus on English and Maths. This is true for both Secondary and Primary aged students.
The second most popular use of the LACPPG was for Teaching Assistant support most of which documented the use of specific learning programmes, with some going into class. Most Teacher Assistant support was identified for Primary aged students.
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.
* = response required