Childcare Sufficiency Assessment (CSA)
Childcare Sufficiency Assessment (CSA) 2019
The Childcare Act 2006 places a duty on local authorities to make sure that there are enough childcare places within its locality.
The council is currently updating it's Childcare Sufficiency Assessment (CSA) for 2019 and our parents/carers views are important to us.
If you live in Haringey and have a child aged between 0-14 or 0-19 if they have SEND (special educational needs and disabilities) - please help us by completing our survey:
As with previous CSA survey results, we will publish the final report and Action Plan when we have assessed the survey results.
Childcare Sufficiency Score Cards 2016
The childcare sufficiency score cards cover sufficiency of childcare data across wards within Haringey.
In 2015, we carried out our second full childcare sufficiency assessment which identifies the supply and demand for childcare and any gaps in childcare provision. You can read the final report below, which gives a detailed account of our findings and either download the full document (161 pages long) or view the summary and Action Plan:
- CSA Final Report September 2015 (PDF, 2MB)
- CSA Summary Report September 2015 (PDF, 333KB)
- CSA Action Plan 2015-18 (PDF, 79KB)
Main findings from the 2015 CSA
- Haringey has generally sufficient childcare, particularly for children under 5s. The highest demand of childcare is for the universal free entitlement for 3 and 4 year olds
- Families and friends play a significant part in parents’ choice for childcare
- The cost of childcare is identified as a real barrier for Haringey’s population
- Parents’ of disabled children reported less confidence in the ability of setting to look after the specific needs of their child
- The quality of childcare and early education provision is on a five year upward trajectory
Please email email@example.com
Page last updated:
Give us feedback about this page
Working for Children and Young People’s Service: Now is an exciting time to join Haringey Council.
Parents - your views matter! Tell us what you think about childcare in Haringey.