Haringey's Childcare Brokerage Service - help looking for childcare
Our Childcare Brokerage Service supports parents and carers who are experiencing difficulty in finding suitable childcare for children aged 0-14 and young people up to 18 years old if they have Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND).
Further information about SEND support and services can be found on our Local Offer Support and Services page.
The Childcare Brokerage Service is a free service for all parents and carers, but we will prioritise cases according to need.
Who we help
The service can help families who:
- need support finding a free entitlement place for their 2, 3 or 4-year-old child
- are looking for a childcare place for a child who has Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND)
- are caring for a child with support needs other than SEND
- are worried about approaching childcare providers or schools themselves
- wish to return to work, study or training but are finding childcare a barrier
What we do
The service can work with and support parents, carers and providers by:
- offering individual support, advice and guidance on childcare options and the benefits of different types of childcare
- contacting childcare providers on behalf of parents and carers to check for vacancies
- working with parents and carers and identified childcare providers to support children with specific support needs to access a place
- building partnerships with all types of childcare providers to meet the needs
- supporting and signposting those parents and carers wishing to return to work or training to employment support services who can help
How to request help
To request support from the Childcare Brokerage Service, please complete our online request form:
For further information contact:
- Telephone 020 8489 1000
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please click the button below.