Air Quality Action Plan 2019-2024 Consultation
Air pollution is a real issue that is having serious impacts on our health. It is associated with several adverse health impacts and it is recognised as a contributing factor in the onset of heart disease and cancer. Additionally, air pollution particularly affects the most vulnerable in society: children and older people, and those with heart and lung conditions. There is also often a strong correlation with equalities issues, because areas with poor air quality are often less affluent areas.
The draft Air Quality Action Plan (AQAP) has been produced as part of the London Local Air Quality Management System, a statutory process by which boroughs monitor, assess and take actions to tackle pollution. The plan outlines the actions that will be taken to improve air quality in Haringey between 2019-2024, under the following seven broad topics:
- Monitoring and other core statutory duties
- Missions from developments and buildings
- Public health and awareness raising
- Delivery servicing and freight
- Borough fleet actions
- Localised solutions which seek to improve the environment of neighbourhoods through a combination of measures
- Leaner transport
However, we need to ensure that these actions meet the needs of those who live, work, attend schools and play in Haringey, so we want to know what you think, and how the proposals could affect you.
Copies of the draft Action Plan can be found below:
- Air Quality Action Plan 2019 - 2024 (PDF, 2MB)
- Full version of the draft Air Quality Action Plan (PDF, 2.6MB)
This consultation is your chance to shape your environment and your lives. You can have you say by completing our online survey or by printing and completing the questionnaire provided below. The closing date is 30 July 2019.
- Download the Consultation Questionnaire (PDF, 60KB)
Your completed questionnaire can be returned:
- By post:
Commercial Environmental Health and Trading Standards Team
Level 1 North - River Park House
225 High Road
- Via email:
Scan your completed questionnaire and send it to our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By hand:
At the reception desk of River Park House (same address as above) or at one of the workshops listed below.
You can get more information and the opportunity to talk to us directly at one of the following workshops:
- Workshop 1: 11 June 2019 at 12-5pm - The Trampery Tottenham, 639 High Road, Tottenham, London N17 8AA
- Workshop 2: 25 June 2019 at 9am-12pm - Hornsey Library Haringey Park, London N8 9JA
- Workshop 3: 28 June 2019 at 9am-12pm - Wood Green Library, 187-197A High Road, Wood Green, London N22 6XD
- Workshop 4: 8 July 2019 at 6-7pm - Committee Room 8, 3rd Floor, Civic Centre, High Rd, Wood Green, London N22 8LE
Please ensure your response reaches us by the close of the consultation on the 30 July 2019. This proposed action plan replaces the previous action plan which ran from 2010-2018.
Read about previous actions taken to tackle air pollution on our Pollution Control - Local Air Quality page.
The council has also developed a number of projects to raise awareness about air quality issues and affect wider air quality improvements. You can read more about these and other projects in the pipeline on our Smarter Travel page and our Local Air Quality page.