Haringey Licensee Forum
The Haringey Licensee Forum is made up of all the traders who have a licence to sell alcohol, as well as the Metropolitan Police, Haringey Licensing Service, Public Health and Trading Standards.
The forum is an opportunity for traders, the police and council to discuss any issues in their area and work together to find a solution. It also provides traders with information and advice on selling alcohol responsibly and following good practice.
Security advice for businesses
The Government offers advice for traders on how to make sure their business is as safe as possible. This includes any practical measures they can take; ensuring staff remain vigilant, and what to do in the case of a security threat. For more information visit:
If you are a trader in Haringey, you are required to:
- Ensure the DPS (Designated Premises Supervisor) authorises the sale of alcohol at the premises
- Read and comply with the conditions of your licence
- Ensure you have a written underage policy to avoid sales to underage people and cascade it to your staff. Train staff to be confident to challenge for proof of age.
- Not sell to young people under 18 and enter details into the refusal book if a sale is refused
- Not allow anyone under 18 to sell alcohol unless authorised by an approved person at the time of sale
- Not sell to anyone who is suffering the effects of alcohol i.e. drunk, and will cause anti social behaviour on your door step and surrounding area.
- Not sell alcohol outside the hours as stipulated in your licence
- Not allow drinking on the premises unless stipulated in your licence.
- Not offer irresponsible drinks promotions
Impact in your locality
Traders are also asked to think about the impact selling alcohol could have on their neighbourhood and we ask that traders:
Do not sell single cans as this encourages anti-social drinking
Consider not stocking and selling high strength beers/lagers/ciders, as there is some evidence that high strength alcohol is linked with street drinking, violence and crime.
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.
* = response required