Comment on an alcohol licence
See also: Comment on a gambling licence
Anyone can have a say about licensing decisions. Your comments can be either positive or negative. Making comments is also known as making representations.
- comment on a new licence or change of licence application
- ask for a review of an existing licence or comment on a licence review
For further information, please see comment on a licence application (external site).
Your comments cannot be made anonymously. All comments will be put out into the public domain and some will end up in reports on our website. So if you’re worried about possible intimidation, consider approaching your local ward councilor or MP to make objections on your behalf.
Submit comments on a new licence or licence change
There is a 28-day consultation period which starts the day after an application is made for a
- new licence
- significant licence change
Your comments must be submitted within this 28-day period.
You can see the list of current applications on our licensing applications page.
To comment, please complete the representations form and email to us:
Ask for a review of an existing licence
If you feel that a licensed premises is causing you problems, you can ask us to review their licence.
Before applying, please consider whether the problem can be solved by:
- talking to the person who runs the premises as they may be willing to take steps to resolve the situation
- asking us, the licensing department, if we could talk to the licensee on your behalf
- asking your local MP (external link) or councillor (external link) to speak to the licensee on your behalf
- talking to environmental health if it’s a noise problem, or the police (external link) if it’s a crime and disorder problem, as they may be able to help
Check our licensing register to see if the premises has an existing licence.
Review request form
To ask us to review an existing licence, please complete the review form and email to us:
Important – on the same day that you send us the review form, you must also send copies to:
- the licence holder
- all relevant responsible authorities
Licences currently under review
See our list of premises licence and club premises certificate licence currently under review.
020 8489 8232
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.
* = response required