Organising a community event
- Temporary event notice
- Events in Haringey's parks
- Street parties and road closures
There’s lots of information on organising community events on the GOV.UK website, including:
- what to think about when planning an event
- what, if any, licences or permissions you need
- how to keep organisers, volunteers and participants safe
- how to make sure food and drink is safe
- whether you need insurance
Find out more – organising a voluntary event: a 'can do' guide (external link).
You will need to apply for a TEN if you want to hold an event at a venue that doesn’t have either a:
- premises licence
- club premises certificate
You may also need a TEN if you want to organise an event outdoors, like a street party. Please contact us to find out.
If you want to hold an event in a Haringey park, you must apply for permission.
This is arranged through the parks service.
If you want to have a street party you need to get permission from the council and apply for a temporary traffic regulation order. There is no charge for this.
Parades are usually managed by the police.
020 8489 8232
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.
* = response required