Organising a community event
- Temporary event notice
- Events in Haringey's parks
- Street parties and road closures
There’s lots of information on organising community events on the GOV.UK website, including:
- what to think about when planning an event
- what, if any, licences or permissions you need
- how to keep organisers, volunteers and participants safe
- how to make sure food and drink is safe
- whether you need insurance
Find out more – organising a voluntary event: a 'can do' guide (external link).
You will need to apply for a TEN if you want to hold an event at a venue that doesn’t have either a:
- premises licence
- club premises certificate
You may also need a TEN if you want to organise an event outdoors, like a street party. Please contact us to find out.
If you want to hold an event in a Haringey park, you must apply for permission.
This is arranged through the parks service.
If you want to have a street party you need to get permission from the council and apply for a temporary traffic regulation order. There is no charge for this.
Parades are usually managed by the police.
020 8489 8232
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required