Organising a community event

King's coronation: See all guidance on planning a street party/community event for the coronation.


There’s lots of information on organising community events on the GOV.UK website, including: 

  • what to think about when planning an event 
  • what, if any, licences or permissions you need 
  • how to keep organisers, volunteers and participants safe 
  • how to make sure food and drink is safe 
  • whether you need insurance 

Find out more – organising a voluntary event: a 'can do' guide (external link)

Back to top

Temporary event notice (TEN) 

You will need to apply for a TEN if you want to hold an event at a venue that doesn’t have either a: 

  • premises licence 
  • club premises certificate 

Find out more and apply for a TEN

You may also need a TEN if you want to organise an event outdoors, like a street party. Please contact us to find out. 

Back to top

Events in Haringey’s parks 

If you want to hold an event in a Haringey park, you must apply for permission. 

This is arranged through the parks service. 

Find out more and apply

Back to top

Street parties and road closures 

If you want to have a street party you need to get permission from the council and apply for a temporary traffic regulation order. There is no charge for this.  

Back to top


Parades are usually managed by the police. 

Find out more on our road closures page

Back to top


020 8489 8232 



Page last updated:

March 22, 2023

Tell us what you think about this page

Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.

Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.

* = response required

Ease of use

Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?

Service required

What was the main service you were interested in today?

Purpose of visit

What was your main purpose for coming to the website today?

Device and browser information

It will help us understand any problems if you can tell us a bit about what you are using to browse the website:

Which type of device are you using right now? (optional)
Which browser are you using? (optional)

Your comments

Please use the following space to tell us more about your visit today. 

Please note that if you want to report a problem with a council service or have a general service request, you will need to contact Customer Services directly.


Did you find what you were looking for? (optional)