Premises licence

A premises licence allows you to sell or supply alcohol, provide entertainment and late night refreshment. 

Premises licence

Find out if you need a premises licence and how to apply.

Personal licence

To be a DPS you must have a personal licence. Find out how to apply.

Transfer licence

Transfer a licence to someone else or request a licence transferred to you.


Designated premises supervisor

All businesses selling or supplying alcohol must have a designated premises supervisor. Apply to become one or change the existing DPS.

Changes to a premises licence

Apply to change your premises licence such as making structural changes to the premises, change the operating hours or report your licence lost.

Interim authority notice

Apply to have a premises licence reinstated after it’s lapsed due to death or another reason.

Notification of interest

If you have an interest in a premises with a premises licence, you can notify us of that interest.  


Find out how to put a premises plan together, what counts as proof of your right to work in the UK and more.


Find out what the application and annual fees are.

Page last updated:

December 28, 2022