Alcohol, food and entertainment licences

Under the Licensing Act 2003, you can apply for licences allowing you to sell or supply alcohol, provide entertainment and late night refreshment.

Temporary event notice (TEN)

You need a TEN to hold an occasional event on licensed or unlicensed premises providing licensable activities like selling alcohol.

Premises licence

A premises licence allows you to sell or supply alcohol, provide late night refreshment and entertainment.

Club premises certificate

A club premises certificate allows you to supply alcohol and regulated entertainment in a qualifying club.

Current applications and reviews

See all current licence applications and find out which licences are under review.

Comment on a licenced premises

Anyone can comment on licensing decisions, either in support or against. Find out how to comment on a new or existing licence. 


Find out what a licensee must do for their application to be considered and what we do to enforce conditions.

How to organise a community event

Find out who you need to tell, and whether you need any licences, to organise your community event.

Page last updated:

December 28, 2022

Tell us what you think about this page

Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.

Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.

* = response required

Ease of use

Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?

Service required

What was the main service you were interested in today?

Purpose of visit

What was your main purpose for coming to the website today?

Device and browser information

It will help us understand any problems if you can tell us a bit about what you are using to browse the website:

Which type of device are you using right now? (optional)
Which browser are you using? (optional)

Your comments

Please use the following space to tell us more about your visit today. 

Please note that if you want to report a problem with a council service or have a general service request, you will need to contact Customer Services directly.


Did you find what you were looking for? (optional)