Haringey Trading Standards
- Fair Trading for Haringey
- Consumer Protection laws
- Trading Standards - Consumers
- Trading Standards - Business
- Trading Standards - Illicit Tobacco and Alcohol
Helping consumers and businesses
Haringey’s trading standards service is responsible for protecting consumers and businesses by ensuring a safe and fair trading environment. Our areas of work include product safety, weights and measures, underage sales, anti-counterfeiting and investigating unfair trading practices
What we can do
We enforce trading standards legislation and offer free advice to business on how to comply with trading standards legislation.
We also run a responsible retailer scheme to help businesses prevent the sale of age restricted goods and illicit tobacco and alcohol.
What we can't do
We do not offer consumer advice - this is available from Citizens Advice Consumer Service (external link).
We enforce a wide range of legislation, which covers:
- Fair trading malpractices
- Safety of goods
- Misleading prices
- Counterfeit goods
- False claims on goods and services
- Weighing and measuring of goods
- Age Restricted Sales
- See the Trading Standards - Consumers Page if you wish to make a complaint to Trading Standards about a business or find out how to get consumer advice
- See the Trading Standards - Business Page if you run a business in Haringey and need help or advice on Trading Standards law
More information on the work of Haringey Trading Standards including Latest News, advice on Doorstep Selling and our Responsible Trader Scheme is available in this section - see the topic headings on the left.
If you want more information on our workplan and priorities see our Service Standards - Trading Standards (PDF 237KB).
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about the website
We are currently running a short survey about our Covid-19 response and information. You can take the Covid-19 survey here.
Contact us about our services
Please note if you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Give us feedback about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve the website.
Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?
* = response required