Temporary street trading licence

If you want to sell goods, food or drink at a temporary market in Haringey, you need a licence.  


To apply you must:  

  • not have been, or be in the process of being, prosecuted by us for unlicensed street trading activities 
  • not had a street trading licence revoked by us
  • to have pre-approval by the organiser by the relevant pop-up market

Back to top

Licence length 

This licence is granted for 1 day, or as stated in the licence, not exceeding 6 months.  

Back to top


Please see our list of fees and charges

Back to top

What you need to provide 

To apply you must provide: 

  • a copy of your public liability insurance – at least £5 million cover (certificate and schedule list) 
  • a passport style photograph, taken within the last 12 months, of the person applying for the licence 
  • if selling food/drink items, a copy of your food registration or inspection report

Back to top

Apply online

You must include your supporting documents with your online application. 

We accept the following file types: 

  • doc, docx, jpeg, jpg, jpe, pdf, png, tiff, tif 

You can pay by credit/debit card or PayPal. 

Apply now

Back to top


020 8489 8232 


Page last updated:

May 23, 2023

Tell us what you think about this page

Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.

Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.

* = response required

Ease of use

Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?

Service required

What was the main service you were interested in today?

Purpose of visit

What was your main purpose for coming to the website today?

Device and browser information

It will help us understand any problems if you can tell us a bit about what you are using to browse the website:

Which type of device are you using right now? (optional)
Which browser are you using? (optional)

Your comments

Please use the following space to tell us more about your visit today. 

Please note that if you want to report a problem with a council service or have a general service request, you will need to contact Customer Services directly.


Did you find what you were looking for? (optional)