Gambling premises licence
Individuals and companies can offer gambling on a specific premises. To do so a premises licence, issued under the Gambling Act 2005, is needed.
There are five types of licence:
- adult gaming centre
- betting premises
- betting track premises
- family entertainment centre
- bingo premises
Applications can be made by a person or organisation who:
- is over 18
- holds an operating licence from the Gambling Commission (external link)
Please see our list of fees and contact us for an application form if you wish to apply:
- for a new licence
- to transfer a licence if you are the new owner of a premises
- to vary the conditions or activities on your licence
You can apply for a provisional statement if:
- your premises is being built
- your premises is being altered
- you expect to take over a premises
You do not need to have an operating licence.
Please see our list of fees and contact us for an application form.
For a list of betting premises in Haringey, see the Betting Shop Premises list (PDF, 118KB)
Tel: 020 8489 8232
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.
* = response required