Gambling premises licence
Individuals and companies can offer gambling on a specific premises. To do so a premises licence, issued under the Gambling Act 2005, is needed.
There are five types of licence:
- adult gaming centre
- betting premises
- betting track premises
- family entertainment centre
- bingo premises
Applications can be made by a person or organisation who:
- is over 18
- holds an operating licence from the Gambling Commission (external link)
Please see our list of fees and contact us for an application form if you wish to apply:
- for a new licence
- to transfer a licence if you are the new owner of a premises
- to vary the conditions or activities on your licence
You can apply for a provisional statement if:
- your premises is being built
- your premises is being altered
- you expect to take over a premises
You do not need to have an operating licence.
Please see our list of fees and contact us for an application form.
For a list of betting premises in Haringey, see the Betting Shop Premises list (PDF, 118KB)
Tel: 020 8489 8232
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required