Gambling premises licence

What is a gambling premises licence? 

Individuals and companies can offer gambling on a specific premises. To do so a premises licence, issued under the Gambling Act 2005, is needed. 

There are five types of licence: 

  • adult gaming centre 
  • betting premises 
  • betting track premises 
  • family entertainment centre 
  • bingo premises 

Back to top


Applications can be made by a person or organisation who: 

Back to top


Please see our list of fees and contact us for an application form if you wish to apply: 

  • for a new licence 
  • to transfer a licence if you are the new owner of a premises 
  • to vary the conditions or activities on your licence 

Back to top

Provisional statement 

You can apply for a provisional statement if: 

  • your premises is being built 
  • your premises is being altered 
  • you expect to take over a premises 

You do not need to have an operating licence.  

Please see our list of fees and contact us for an application form. 

Back to top

Betting premises 

For a list of betting premises in Haringey, see the Betting Shop Premises list (PDF, 118KB) 

Back to top


Tel: 020 8489 8232  


Back to top


Page last updated:

November 25, 2022

Tell us what you think about this page

Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.

Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.

* = response required

Ease of use

Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?

Service required

What was the main service you were interested in today?

Purpose of visit

What was your main purpose for coming to the website today?

Device and browser information

It will help us understand any problems if you can tell us a bit about what you are using to browse the website:

Which type of device are you using right now? (optional)
Which browser are you using? (optional)

Your comments

Please use the following space to tell us more about your visit today. 

Please note that if you want to report a problem with a council service or have a general service request, you will need to contact Customer Services directly.


Did you find what you were looking for? (optional)