Gambling permits

Under the Gambling Act 2005, you can apply for prize gaming and gaming machine permits and register your small society lottery.

Licensed premises gaming permit

Licensed premises offering category C and/or D gaming machines will need to notify us or apply for a permit.

Club gaming and club machine permit

Members’ or commercial clubs offering gaming machines need to have a permit.

Family entertainment centre gaming permit

Family entertainment centres offering category D machines need a permit.

Prize gaming permit

A permit is needed to provide gaming with prizes on a specific premises.

Small society lottery

Charities and other non-commercial organisations who run a small society lottery or raffle to raise funds may need to register with us.

Page last updated:

December 28, 2022

Tell us what you think about this page

Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.

Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.

* = response required

Ease of use

Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?

Service required

What was the main service you were interested in today?

Purpose of visit

What was your main purpose for coming to the website today?

Device and browser information

It will help us understand any problems if you can tell us a bit about what you are using to browse the website:

Which type of device are you using right now? (optional)
Which browser are you using? (optional)

Your comments

Please use the following space to tell us more about your visit today. 

Please note that if you want to report a problem with a council service or have a general service request, you will need to contact Customer Services directly.


Did you find what you were looking for? (optional)