Gambling Act temporary use notice

What is a temporary use notice (TUN)?

A TUN allows a gambling operator to provide gambling facilities in a venue that doesn’t have a premises licence. 

Suitable venues include hotels, conference centres and sporting venues. 


A TUN is only granted to a person or company holding a relevant operating licence issued by the Gambling Commission. An example is the holder of a betting operating licence applying to provide betting facilities at a snooker tournament. 

A venue can have several TUNs, but the total cannot be more than 21 days in a 12-month period. 


If you wish to apply for TUN, please contact us. 


020 8489 8232  


Page last updated:

March 13, 2023

Tell us what you think about this page

Problem with a service?
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.

Help us improve this page
If you want to make comments specifically about this page, then please answer the questions below.

* = response required

Ease of use

Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?

Service required

What was the main service you were interested in today?

Purpose of visit

What was your main purpose for coming to the website today?

Device and browser information

It will help us understand any problems if you can tell us a bit about what you are using to browse the website:

Which type of device are you using right now? (optional)
Which browser are you using? (optional)

Your comments

Please use the following space to tell us more about your visit today. 

Please note that if you want to report a problem with a council service or have a general service request, you will need to contact Customer Services directly.


Did you find what you were looking for? (optional)