Animal licences

Find out about animal activities licences, animal health and welfare, whether you can keep an exotic and dangerous animal and animal movement.

Animal activities licences

Apply for or renew licences for animal boarding, selling animals, breeding, the sale of dogs and more. 

Animal health and welfare

Our enforcement service deals with many aspects of animal health and welfare.

Exotic, wild or dangerous animals

Find out if you can keep exotic, wild or dangerous animals.

Animal movement GOV.UK

Information on the GOV.UK site on the general licence for the movement of cattle, pigs, sheep, goats and deer.

Page last updated:

August 9, 2021

Tell us what you think about this page

Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.

If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.

* = response required

Ease of use

Overall, how easy was it to get the help you wanted today?

Service required

What was the main service you were interested in today?

Purpose of visit

What was your main purpose for coming to the website today?


Did you find what you were looking for? (optional)

Device and browser information

It will help us understand any problems if you can tell us a bit about what you are using to browse the website:

Which type of device are you using right now? (optional)
Which browser are you using? (optional)

Your comments

Please use the following space to tell us more about your visit today. 

Please note that if you want to report a problem with a council service or have a general service request, you will need to contact Customer Services directly.