About Business Rates
COVID-19 Additional Relief Fund (CARF)
The government has launched the COVID-19 Additional Relief Fund (CARF) to support businesses affected by the pandemic who are ineligible for existing support linked to business rates.
The fund was originally announced in March 2021 with a support package of £1.5 billion, with Haringey’s share being £3.8 million.
This is a discretionary relief scheme and is available to reduce the eligible business rates liability for 2021/22 year only.
These include, but are not limited to:
- the business must have been trading from 1 April 2021
- the business is not entitled to or have already received a reduction against their business rates liability for the 2021/22 billing year
- the business must have been adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic during 2021/22 and was unable to adapt to the changing environment
- premises must have been occupied and trading for the period. Businesses that were closed temporarily due to government instructions on COVID-19, will be treated as occupied for the purposes of this relief
- the business must be solvent
How to apply
You can apply online via the button below.
For the latest Haringey business information, sign up to receive the Haringey Business Bulletin e-newsletter.