As a result of recent weather conditions, Highgate Library is closed until further notice. We apologise for the inconvenience caused.
Summer holiday fun! See what activities are running in Haringey for children and young people during the summer holiday.
The Business Lounge
Running a business? Have ideas but don’t know what to do?
Develop your business idea and build it into a reality
The Business Lounge, provided by the Haringey Library Service, offers information and inspiration to help you start your business or plan for growth.
The Business Lounge is free to use and suitably located in the heart of Haringey.
We may be able to help to:
- research your product and its feasibility
- develop business plans
- understand key financial and legal issues
- It is essential to have a clear understanding of your market and to focus on exactly what is unique about your business
- A good Business Plan is key when presenting your business to banks and/or potential investors
- If you are already in business, your plan should change as you face new challenges
- Our Business: The Basics guide (PDF, 342KB)is full of useful information on starting a business
Our business advisers draw upon years of direct, frontline experience across a wide range of industry sectors to give you the information you need to research the market and develop your ideas and your Business Plan.
- Our free Monday evening Business Advice sessions are provided by Tax Assist Accountants
- Our free Wednesday evening Business Advice sessions (at Hornsey Library) are provided by Tax Assist Accountants
- Our free Friday Business Advice sessions are provided by Enterprise for London
For up-to-date details of our business events please see the What's On listings for Wood Green Library below:
The Business Lounge itself is equipped with the latest online Business and Market Intelligence, to help you analyse products and competition within UK markets. We also offer a whole range of training seminars to help with your business needs and access to the COBRA database.
Our Business Support Service also includes:
- Hot-desking facilities
- Networking opportunities
- Meeting room hire (through the libraries room booking service)
To use the Business Lounge you will need to become a member. Anyone trading in and outside of Haringey is welcome to join.
Registration is in 3 easy steps:
- Bring in two original forms of identification: one showing your proof of address (a utility bill or bank statement) and another with proof of signature (eg passport or bank card)
- Fill out the Business Lounge Membership form (PDF, 108KB). Also available at Wood Green Central Library
- Simply hand in and start using the facility.
For more information:
Tel 020 8489 4560
The Business Lounge
Wood Green Central Library
Monday to Friday: 9am to 7pm
Saturday: 9am to 5pm
Sunday: 12 noon to 4pm
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required