Change to business premises

In many cases you will need to get planning permission before making changes to your property. For further information see our planning pages.

Let us know if any of the following apply so we can make sure you receive the correct bill:

  • Newly built business premises
  • Business premises demolished
  • Premises split into two or more units
  • Two or more units merged
  • Change of use from domestic to commercial or from commercial to domestic
  • Extension of business premises
  • Change of business use (the property description designated by the Valuation Office Agency that appears on your business rates bill)

Select the change to business premises option on our contact form. Give us supporting evidence such as plans, photographs or a planning application. Include as much information as possible such as the size and usage of the property.

Contact Business Rates

We will ask the Valuation Office Agency to amend or remove your property from the rating list once we know the full details.

Back to top


Page last updated:

April 4, 2023