What happens to my approved premises application?
Once your application has been received and the license fee collected the following happens:
- An acknowledgment letter will be sent to the applicant explaining that the application has been received.
- A notice letter will be placed on the Haringey Council website for three consecutive weeks inviting people to inspect the application and make objections
- A 21 day period for objections will begin
- If after 21 days no objections have been received a pack will be sent to the applicant stating that the license has been approved. The pack will include:
- A formal notification that the application has been approved
- Copies of the plans sent in with the application
- Conditions attached to the approval
- Any additional relevant information
- Notices to be displayed in the rooms that ceremonies are to be conducted in
- Copy of entry in the Register of Approved Premises
- Guidance information to give to couples booking a ceremony on your premises.
- A file will be created for your venue which will be kept by the Superintendent Registrar for future reference
- Your venue will be added to the list of approved premises on the Haringey Council website.
- Couples wishing to hold a ceremony in your premises will provisionally book the room with your venue
- The couple will confirm and book Haringey Register Office staff to attend to conduct the ceremony
- Notice of Marriage or Civil Partnership will then be given by the couple.
Additional information can be found on the applying for approved premises page within the licensing section.
Page last updated:
Give us feedback about this page
We are open Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 4.30pm. The office is closed from 1pm on the first Thursday of the month, every month for training purposes.