Getting your premises approved for marriages and civil partnerships
For a small fee your venue may be able to be licensed for civil marriages and civil partnerships conducted by the team at Haringey Register Office. Once licensed a venue is known as an approved premise and licenses are normally valid for five years.
The current fee for the consideration of an application is £308.50 - this fee is non refundable if an application is refused.
- Maximise the use of your venue and generate additional income by getting a license for marriages and civil partnerships to take place
Licenses cover our attendance to marry people at your venue for five years. Venues both big and small from pubs and restaurants to large banqueting suites, schools and nightclubs make excellent locations for people to get married in.
By becoming an approved premise you will be joining an important club that includes amongst others, Alexandra Palace and Bruce Castle. Details of our current approved premises can be found by looking at our approved premises page.
Getting your premises licensed could not be easier and our friendly team is here to support you and guide you through the entire process. The following pages outline the process for getting your premises licensed.
Process for getting your venue approved
- Download the Approved Premise Application Form in Word or PDF format:
- Compile plans of your venue clearly outlining the room or rooms you wish to be licensed. Payment of the relevant fee will be collected as part of the application process. The fee is the same whether you license one or 100 rooms
- Provide details for how social distancing and COVID-19 Secure will be managed. Please email email@example.com for details of this
- Discuss any additional licenses eg for public entertainment or alcohol sales with our Licensing team
- Submit your application with plans to us for consideration. Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to: Haringey Register Office, George Meehan House, 294 High Road, Wood Green, N22 8YX
- Your application will be advertised for three weeks on our website and we will carry out a site inspection
- Assuming there are no objections, your venue will be licensed after the three week objection period has elapsed
If having read these pages you wish to discuss making an approved premises application in more detail please contact us by calling 020 8489 1775 or email email@example.com we would love to hear from you.
Page last updated:
Tell us what you think about this page
Please use this space to tell us how we can improve this page, or the website in general.
If you have a service problem or complaint you need help with then please visit our contact pages.
* = response required
We are open Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 4.30pm. The office is closed from 1pm on the first Thursday of the month, every month for training purposes.