Getting your premises approved for marriages and civil partnerships
- The fee to licence a new approved premise is now only £50 for a five year period. We are particularly keen to help smaller businesses get licensed for weddings and civil partnerships.
Maximise the use of your venue and generate additional income by getting a license for marriages and civil partnerships to take place.
Licenses cover our attendance to marry people at your venue for 5 years. Venues both big and small from pubs and restaurants to large banqueting suites, schools and nightclubs make excellent locations for people to get married in.
By becoming an approved premise you will be joining an important club that includes amongst others, Alexandra Palace and Bruce Castle. Details of our current approved premises can be found by looking at our approved premises page.
Getting your premises licensed could not be easier and our friendly team is here to support you and guide you through the entire process. The following pages outline the process for getting your premises licensed.
Process for getting your venue approved
- Download the Approved Premise Application Form in Word or PDF format:
- Compile plans of your venue clearly outlining the room or rooms you wish to be licensed. The fee is still £50 whether you license one or 100 rooms.
- Discuss any additional licenses eg for public entertainment or alcohol sales with our Licensing team
- Submit your application with plans to us for consideration. Applications can be emailed to email@example.com or posted to: Haringey Register Office, Civic Centre, High Road, Wood Green, N22 8LE
- Your application will be advertised for three weeks on our website and we will carry out a site inspection
- Assuming there are no objections, your venue will be licensed after the three week objection period has elapsed
If having read these pages you wish to discuss making an approved premises application in more detail please contact us by calling 020 8489 1775 or email firstname.lastname@example.org we would love to hear from you.
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.
* = response required
We are open Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 4.30pm. The office is closed from 1pm on the first Thursday of the month, every month for training purposes.