Special Needs Assistant (SNA)Category:Non TeachingSalary:£19,916 to £21,986Posted on:Friday, 22nd December, 2017Reference:St. Francis de Sales Catholic Infant and Junior School, Church Road, Tottenham, London N17 8AZ
Salary Scale: Scale 4 (£19,916 to £21,986, pro rata, 40 weeks)
Contract: Fixed term until July 2018
Hours: 30 hours (Monday to Friday 8.30am-3.30pm)
Closing Date: 25th January 2018
Interview date: Week commencing 29th January 2018
Start Date: February 2018
St Francis de Sales Catholic Infant and Junior School is a friendly and welcoming community with excellent opportunities for continuing professional development.
The Governors are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and skilled Special Needs Assistant to support children with learning, social and emotional needs. Candidates will need to have successful experience and proven knowledge of working with children on the Autistic Spectrum and children with learning difficulties. The ideal candidate will be fully supportive of the Catholic ethos of the school and the excellence and care that the school community cherishes.
Successful applicants will have:
- Proven abilities in planning for SEND children;
- Commitment to the principle that every child can make outstanding progress;
- Relevant training in SEND needs;
- Excellent knowledge of the needs of SEND children and how to support them;
- Good knowledge of the range of interventions and their impact on meeting the needs of children with SEND and EAL;
- Proven abilities in working in partnership with teacher, Senior Leadership Team and parents.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and to providing equal opportunities in employment. All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including satisfactory enhanced criminal record with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Application packs can be downloaded from our school website: www.sfds.haringey.sch.uk. Completed application forms should be returned to: email@example.com by 12 p.m. on Thursday 25th January 2018. Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted. CVs will not be accepted.