Winkfield Resource Centre - Services
- About the Centre
- Haringey Adaptations/Occupational Therapy Service Assessment Centre
- Winkfield Resource Centre Drop-ins
- Contact details
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Winkfield Road, Wood Green, N22 5RP - see Map to Winkfield Resource Centre (Word, 131KB).
We offer a range of services and facilities including:
- A full range of activities and classes including Art, Craft, Ceramic, Mixed Media, Textiles, Collage and and a choir!
- Comfortable waiting and dining areas with internet access
- A fully equipped new assessment centre for the Occupational Therapy Service to complete a thorough assessment of people needs
- An assessment and training centre for people with visual impairments as well as other support enabling residents with disabilities and/or sensory impairment to manage their disability, maintain their independence and take control of their lives
- A fully equipped training kitchen
- Bathing facility fully equipped with hoists
- A relaxing garden area with pond and seating; the perfect place for lunch in the spring and summer months
- The centre is available for hire and is used by a number of groups for meetings and/or activities. Meeting rooms are fully equipped with whiteboards, fixed wall flip charts and projectors. Two of the rooms are equipped with smart boards
- The centre is a registered wedding venue
- Tottenham Hotspur run weekly Chair based Exercises and Massage/Physiotherapy classes in the Centre through its Foundation programme
The centre offers a safe and secure environment, full disabled access, car parking, a "Changing Places" toilet , a facility that enables service users to have a bath, as well as hearing loop systems for meetings.
The address and contact details for the centre can be found in the contact details section below.
Haringey Adaptations/Occupational Therapy Service has run an assessment clinic at the Winkfield Resource Centre, since 2005. The clinic allows us to offer clients a quick responsive time for an assessment, usually within a week of the request.
The clinic assesses the needs of people with physical disabilities to determine how Haringey may best provide services to help people stay independent at home. This could be via advice and information, equipment or possibly adaptations recommended to assist people and their carers at home.
The Winkfield Centre offers an assessment area, enabling us to assess how people function in a variety of environments. For example a staircase can accommodate a stair lift and through floor lift. The bathroom facilities allow a variety of equipment and adaptations to be used during the assessment and to give people the opportunity to see what the adaptation might look like once installed within their property.
To use the centre, you will refer yourself to our First Response team. For more information or to make a referral, go to the Assessment section where you can either complete a referral form, a general enquiry form or contact our First Response Team.
Different Strokes is a charity which supports working age stroke survivors. Different Strokes North London Group (external link) is based at the Winkfield Resource Centre, Wednesday 11am-12.30pm, where it provides weekly Chi Kung classes regular talks and an opportunity to socialise with other younger stroke survivors.
Aims: Through active self-help and mutual support, our aim is to help stroke survivors of working age optimise their recovery, take control of their lives and regain as much independence as possible, including returning to work.
What we do: We provide services, on a self-organised, voluntary basis, which help enhance mobility, boost confidence and reduce the sense of isolation experienced by stroke survivors.
Please contact John Murray, Different Strokes, London North, 37 Landrock Road, London, N8 9HR.
- Tel: 020 8340 4359.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Every Monday, 2pm to 4pm
Stroke recovery group is for stroke survivors to:
- Socialise with others
- Support each other
- Practice skills by engaging in activities
We ask for a donation of £2 a week. This is to contribute to refreshments and activities
For information call Vickie Rowland, tel 020 3074 2583 or 07712 327 791.
- Open Monday-Friday, 9am-3.30pm
The Green Pepper Café provides light refreshments, drinks, snacks and hot meals at a reasonable price. We also can provide refreshments for functions/meetings. You can contact Jenny Smith on 020 8489 8227.
There are at least 1,500 people who are registered blind or partially sighted in the London Borough of Haringey. The Phoenix Group is a registered charity, based at the centre which works with and for all visually impaired people in the area.
The Phoenix group (external link) works very much at a local grass-roots level, helping blind and partially sighted people to maintain their independence and supporting them, as far as possible, in their own homes as well as working to promote the interests and rights of visually impaired people both at local and national level.
- Tel: 020 8889 7070
- Email: email@example.com
- Tuesdays 9.30am-12.30pm
The Wheelchair Loan Service is run by David Gregory from the Mobility and Seating Solution Centre which is based at 3 Edwards Drive, N11 2HD.
If you wish to hire a wheelchair please attend the Winkfield Resource Centre on a Tuesday morning between 9.30am-12.30pm.
In order to hire a wheelchair please note a refundable deposit of £50 in cash and two forms of matching ID will be required. The person whose ID is supplied will be responsible for the chair.
Please direct any questions about loaning a wheelchair to The Mobility and Seating Solution Centre:
- Tel 020 3074 2850 - office hours Monday to Friday (excluding Tuesday mornings)
- Mondays 10.30am-12 noon
What is it about? A chance to meet up for a drink and have a chat with other people who’ve had a stroke and have had communication difficulties.
For more information contact Zoe Douglas:
- Tel: 020 3074 2583
- Mobile: 07540 513 200
- Wednesdays 2pm-4pm
Drop-ins are held regularly at Winkfield Resource Centre and at libraries throughout the borough.
Come and Try Sessions - Learn more about the internet and computers.
Neighbourhoods Connect is here to help you:
- Use email
- Write letters
- Send photos to friends and relatives without going out or paying for stamps
Winkfield Resource Centre
33 Winkfield Road
- Tel 020 8489 8200
- Fax 020 8489 8230
- Minicom 020 8365 7935
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.
* = response required