One You Haringey
For local adult health advice and support to move more and become more physically active call 020 8885 9095 or visit the One You Haringey website (external link).
- For more information on how to move more visit the national One You website
Active for Life
'Active for Life' is a programme designed to help inactive people to become more physically active.
If you have any of the following conditions you may be eligible to join the scheme:
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Very overweight
- Heart disease
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Mental health problems
You need to be referred by your GP or practice nurse. Once you are referred you will be contacted by one of the Active for Life team who will arrange an appointment with a scheme advisor. They will discuss with you the different exercise options that are open to you and you will be able to choose which sessions you would like to attend.
After the twelve week programme you will attend a final appointment with a scheme advisor and they will discuss opportunities to be more active in the long term and in addition be offered a discounted rate to continue to exercise in the leisure centre. This includes free access for the over-65s to the gyms, swimming pools and classes on weekdays between 9am-5pm. Visit our Sports and Leisure page for a list of participating leisure centres.
What are the benefits of becoming more physically active?
It can help to:
- reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke
- prevent and manage blood pressure
- keep you mobile
- reduce stress and anxiety
- keep your muscles and bones strong and healthy
- improve your energy levels
- prevent weight gain and aid with weight loss
- prevent and manage high cholesterol.
If you would like more information about the scheme or how you can be referred please contact:
- Email: AFL@fusion-lifestyle.com
- Tel: 020 8885 7307
Walking for Health
Why not try one of the many walking groups across Haringey!
All walks take between 45 minutes and 1 hour. They get you moving and active and you will see parts of Haringey in peaceful and enjoyable surroundings.
For more information visit our Walking Groups page
- For more information about Active for Life and Walking for Health schemes, how you can be referred or to find out about being trained to lead walks as a Volunteer Walks Leader or Helper, please contact:
- Email: AFL:@fusion-lifestyle.com
- Tel: 020 8885 7307
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.