- From 1 September 2017 consultation letters will no longer be sent for planning applications. Where there is a legal duty to consult, a site notice will be placed at each site. More about the changes here
- The council has now received the Inspector’s report on Haringey’s Local Plan. Further information is available on the Examination in Public page
Supplementary Planning Guidance
Supplementary Planning Guidance documents (SPGs)
SPGs provide guidance for the Local Plan:Strategic Policies and the Saved UDP policies, and are used when determining planning applications.
The SPGs have been subject to public consultation, and although some are in draft form they carry material weight for the determination of planning applications.
Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs)
SPDs are also a material consideration for development control processes. To find out more about these documents please visit the Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs) page.
Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance expand on our adopted and saved policies to provide more detailed information than can be contained in the policies themselves. They give guidance to the public, applicants and developers when making planning applications.
|SPG 1a Design Guidance||Adopted 2006||54KB|
|SPG 3.1 Tower Gardens Estate - 1997||Adopted 1997||5MB|
|SPG 1b - Parking in Front Gardens||Draft 2006||223KB|
|SPG 2 - Conservation & Archaeology||Draft 2006||68KB|
|SPG 6a - Shopfronts, Signage & Security||Draft 2006||43KB|
|SPG 6b - Advertisements||Draft 2006||131KB|
|SPG 7a - Vehicle and Pedestrian Movement||Draft 2006||361KB|
Recently revoked and withdrawn SPDs and SPGs
We have recently reviewed our planning guidance (Supplementary Planning Guidance and Supplementary Planning Documents), and in line with the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004 and associated regulations, we have revoked and withdrawn some planning guidance. There were a variety of reasons for removing the planning guidance, mostly because the guidance had effectively been replaced by more up-to-date planning documents, such as the National Planning Policy Framework (external link), the London Plan (external link), or our Local Plan: Strategic Policies.
The decision to withdraw documents which had been drafted but not adopted was made by Haringey’s Cabinet on 15 July 2014. These documents are:
- SPG 1c - Strategic Views
- SPG 1d - Telecom Equipment – Including Satellite Dishes
- SPG 3c - Backlands Development
- SPG 4 - Access for All – Mobility Standards
- SPG 5 - Safety By Design
- SPG 6c - Restaurants, Hot Food Premises -Use Class A3 – etc
- SPG 7b - Travel Plans
- SPG 7c - Transport Assessment
- SPG 8f - Land Contamination
- SPG 8h - Environmental Impact Assessment
- SPG 9 - Sustainability Statement guidance notes and Sustainability Checklist
- SPG 10a - The Negotiation, Management and Monitoring of Planning Obligations
- SPG 10e - Improvements to public transport infrastructure and services
- SPG 11a - Car repair workshops and garages
- SPG 11b - Buildings Suitable for Community Use
- SPG 11c - Town Centre Retail Thresholds
- Basement Guidance Note
- Tottenham International Development Framework Section 1
- Tottenham International Development Framework Section 2
- Tottenham International Development Framework Section 3
The decision to withdraw documents, which had been drafted but not adopted was made by Haringey’s Cabinet on 15 July 2014.
The decision to revoke documents which had been adopted required permission from the Secretary of State. This permission was granted on 11 November 2014. These documents are:
- Housing SPD 2008
- Wood Green Town Centre SPD 2008
Information relating to the withdrawal and revocation of these documents can be found here:
Cabinet Report and Cabinet Decision 15 July 2014:
- Planning Authority Monitoring Report (AMR) 2012/13 and Supplementary Planning Document/Guidance (SPD/G) Review (PDF, 157KB)
- AMR / SPD/G Review - Appendix A (PDF, 52KB)
- AMR / SPD/G Review - Appendix B (PDF, 180KB)
- AMR / SPD/G Review - Appendix C (PDF, 82KB)
- AMR / SPD/G Review - Appendix D (PDF, 3MB)
Should you require additional information or clarification on the revocation or withdrawal of this planning guidance, please contact the policy team on the details below.
Planning, Environment & Transport
River Park House
225 High Road
Tel: 020 8489 1479
Fax: 020 8489 5552
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.