- From 1 September 2017 consultation letters will no longer be sent for planning applications. Where there is a legal duty to consult, a site notice will be placed at each site. More about the changes here
- The council has now received the Inspector’s report on Haringey’s Local Plan. Further information is available on the Examination in Public page
Local Plan Consultation
The Pre-submission consultation of the local plan documents is now closed. The consultation ran for 8 weeks from 8 January to 4 March 2016. Thank you to everyone who made a representation to this consultation.
What happens next?
We will submit the responses received from the Proposed Submission consultation alongside the documents to the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government. An independent inspector will then be appointed to carry out an examination in public. This will focus on the legality and soundness of the documents. Following the inspectors recommendations the council will aim to adopt the documents late in 2016.
We are reviewing our Strategic Policies document, that makes up the Local Plan, and setting out three new policy documents, so that the plan better meets the needs of the borough’s housing demand, creates space for new employment and protects the things that make Haringey great.
The Pre-Submission documents from the last consultation can still be viewed via the links below:
- Proposed Alterations to Haringey’s Adopted Strategic Policies
- The Development Management Development Plan Document
- The Site Allocations Development Plan Document
- The Tottenham Area Action Plan Development Plan Document
These documents are important and will impact how we assess planning applications in the future. The council has undertaken research to inform these policy documents. This research is in the form of reports and form what is called the evidence base. See the Evidence Base page to view the reports.
|Reg 19 Publication||8 January - 4 March 2016|
|Reg 22 Submission for Secretary of State||April 2016|
|Pre-Examination meeting||May 2016|
|Examination in Public||July 2016|
|Receipt of Planning Inspectors Report||September 2016|
The Local Plan "Preferred Options" Consultation
We carried out a public consultation on the four draft Local Plan documents from Monday 9 February to Friday 27 March. Thank you to everyone who made a representation to this consultation. All responses can be viewed by visiting the Representations Received in Response to Local Plan Consultation 9 February - 27 March 2015 pages.
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.