Seven Sisters Regeneration
- Compulsory Purchase Order 2016
- Section 105 of Housing Act 1985 Statutory Consultation
- Seven Sisters Regeneration
- The Planning Application
Wards Corner Regeneration Project
On 10 November 2015 the London Borough of Haringey’s Cabinet agreed to make a compulsory purchase order (CPO) to assist in assembling land needed to implement the Wards Corner development as part of the regeneration vision for Seven Sisters and Tottenham (external link).
The CPO was made on 22 September 2016 and was submitted to the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government for confirmation. Notice of the making of the CPO was delivered to affected owners, occupiers or authorised agents and published in the Wood Green and Tottenham Independent and the London Gazette on 23 September 2016 and again on 30 September 2016. Site notices were also erected and maintained around the site. A copy of the press notice is below for information:
A copy of the CPO and the accompanying map, together with the council’s statement of reasons for making the order with appendices can be accessed below:
- Order Map (PDF, 1MB) - Appendix A
- Order Map, unsigned version for reference (PDF, 210KB) - Appendix A
- Schedule of Interests (PDF, 1MB) - Appendix B
- Statement of Reasons (PDF, 786KB)
(comprising above as Appendices A and B together with Appendices C-L below):
- Appendix C - The Planning Permission (PDF, 169KB)
- Appendix D - Local Engagement by Grainger (PDF, 65KB)
- Appendix E - Equalities Impact Assessment of the Wards Corner CPO 29/10/2015 (PDF, 2.6MB)
- Appendix F - Planning Sub - committee Report and minutes of 25/06/2012 (PDF, 2.5MB)
- Appendix G - Planning history of Order Land (PDF, 41KB)
- Appendix H - Reports: Cabinet Report and minutes 15/07/2014 and 10/11/2015 (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Appendix I - Scheme plans (the planning permission) (PDF, 1MB)
- Appendix J - Tottenham AAP Regulation 19 & 18 Consultation and responses (PDF, 208KB)
- Appendix K - Proposed Stopping - up Order Plan (PDF, 67KB)
- Appendix L - S106 Agreement (for the Planning Permission) (PDF, 4.2MB)
Spanish Language Translations
All documents are currently being translated into Spanish and will be added to this web page as soon as they are complete.
Please keep checking this web page for the latest updates or if you would like to receive a notification when translated appendices have been added please email us at email@example.com
- Statement of Reasons - Spanish translation (PDF, 1MB)
- Appendix A - Order Map - Spanish translation (PDF, 948KB)
- Appendix B - Schedule of Interests - Spanish translation (PDF, 767KB)
- Appendix C - Planning Permission - Spanish translation (PDF, 138KB)
- Appendix D - Local Engagement by Grainger - Spanish translation (PDF, 185KB)
- Appendix F (ii) Planning Committee Minutes - Spanish translation (PDF, 428KB)
- Appendix G - Planning History of Order Land - Spanish translation (PDF, 281KB)
- Appendix H (i) Cabinet Report 10 Nov - Spanish translation (PDF, 432KB)
- Appendix H (ii) – Addendum Report for Cabinet - Spanish translation (PDF, 135KB)
- Appendix H (iii) Coversheet and Cabinet Minutes 10 Nov - Spanish translation (682KB)
- Appendix H (iv) Cabinet Report 15 Jul - Spanish translation (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Appendix H (v) Cabinet Minutes 15 July 2014 - Spanish Translation (199KB)
- Appendix I - Scheme plans (the planning permission) - Spanish translation (PDF, 1MB)
- Appendix K - Proposed Stopping-up Order Plan - Spanish translation (PDF, 67KB)
- Appendix L - S106 Agreement (for the Planning Permission) - Spanish Translation (2.5MB)
A paper copy of the Spanish translation of the Statement of Reasons can now be requested at the Civic Centre and Marcus Garvey Library. Full address details are below.
The Wards Corner CPO objection period ended on 28 October 2016.
Paper copies of the CPO documentation are still available for review,on request Monday to Friday, between the hours of 9.30am-5pm at:
- Civic Centre, High Road, Wood Green, London, N22 8LE
- Marcus Garvey Library, Tottenham Green Leisure Centre, 1 Philip Lane, London, N15 4JA
Further details regarding the CPO and Wards Corner development scheme can be found on the Wards Corner page of the Tottenham website (external link) and the Seven Sisters Regeneration website (external link).
General information regarding the CPO process is also available on the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) and Planning Portal websites as amended from time to time. Find out more at:
If you would like to speak to the Council about the CPO or if you require any further information, please contact:
- Barbara Wright | CPO Project Manager, Haringey Council
Tel: 020 8489 3651
Alternatively, Persona Associates, the council’s appointed land referencing agents for the project can assist with general queries regarding official correspondence you receive about the CPO notices – please contact:
- Linda Turner | Persona Associates
Tel: 01403 219 895
Grainger PLC (Grainger) have planning permission to redevelop the Wards Corner site. The development site includes all of the land between Tottenham High Road, Suffield Road, West Green Road and Seven Sisters Road as shown on the Wards Corner site plan below. The redevelopment involves the demolition of all of the properties within the red line site boundary and the construction of a new building which will include 196 homes as well as new commercial uses such as shops and restaurants.
The proposed development includes the demolition of all of the houses on the east side of Suffield Road. Under Section 105 of the Housing Act 1985 the council has a legal obligation to consult its secure tenants on ‘matters of housing management’ such as changes to the management, maintenance, improvement or demolition of houses let by them, or changes in the provision of amenities.
This consultation on this ran from Monday 5 October 2015 and ended on Monday 2 November 2015.
- S105 Housing letter (PDF, 39KB)
- Feedback form (PDF, 28KB)
- Wards Corner newsletter (PDF, 110KB)
- Wards Corner site plan (PDF, 351KB)
The regeneration of Seven Sisters and the redevelopment of the Wards Corner site has been a strategic priority for Haringey Council for a number of years. In 2004 Haringey Council adopted a planning brief for Wards Corner and Seven Sisters Underground in order to help facilitate the redevelopment of the Wards Corner site and the wider regeneration of the area.
In addition to this The Bridge New Deal for Communities and Haringey Council selected Grainger PLC as a development partner to bring forward proposals for the redevelopment of the Wards Corner Site. Following a series of public consultation exercises a planning application was submitted by Grainger to Haringey Council in February 2008.
Haringey Council granted planning consent for the redevelopment of the Wards Corner site on 24 December 2008. However this consent was subject to a Judicial Review of the decision in June 2009 at the High Court and subsequently the Court of Appeal in May 2010.
On the 22 June 2010 the Court of Appeal allowed the appeal made against the decision of the High Court and the Planning permission was quashed.
In 2011 the application was re-determined but was refused by the Planning Sub-Committee. A new application was submitted in May 2012
If you would like to view the current planning application you can do this by visiting our online planning application page and enter the following planning application number HGY/2012/0915.
Page Last Updated:
Please let us know if this page helped you find what you were looking for by answering the question below – you can also leave a comment for us. Please keep your comments relevant to this page.
Please note: all comments about web pages are reviewed by us once a week. All service requests need to be sent to Customer Services directly.