- The Wood Green Area Action Plan consultation (Preferred Option 2017) runs from 14 February to 31 March 2017. Full information on the plans and how you can have your say here (external link)
- Prices for pre-application advice meetings will increase from 3 April 2017. The new prices are available on the Pre-Application Advice Service page.
Seven Sisters Regeneration
- The London Borough of Haringey (Wards Corner Regeneration Project) Compulsory Purchase Order 2016
- Wards Corner Regeneration Project CPO Background
- Section 105 of Housing Act 1985 Statutory Consultation
- The Regeneration of Seven Sisters
We have received formal notification from the National Planning Casework Unit (NPCU) dated 22 December 2016 advising that the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (SoS) has decided to hold a public local inquiry into the above compulsory purchase order (CPO). The Planning Inspectorate (PINS) have now confirmed that the inquiry will start on 11 July 2017 at Haringey Civic Centre. The inquiry notification from letter from PINS can be viewed below:
The council submitted its Statement of Case to the SoS on 2 February 2017. The council will continue engaging with objectors with a view to securing the withdrawal of objections submitted following the end of the Wards Corner CPO objection period on 28 October 2016. If, having considered the Statement of Case, you would like to discuss withdrawing your objection please contact Barbara Wright, contact details below, or alternatively the Department for Communities and Local Government by email: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Reference: APP/NPCU/CPO/Y5420/77066 and the title of the Order.
A copy of the CPO and the accompanying map can be accessed below:
- Order Map (PDF, 1MB)
- Order Map, unsigned version for reference (PDF, 210KB)
- Schedule of Interests (PDF, 1MB)
A copy of the Statement of Case and appendices can be accessed below:
- Statement of Case for The London Borough of Haringey (Wards Corner Regeneration Project) Compulsory Purchase Order 2016 (PDF, 556KB)
- A - Chronology of Key Events (PDF, 70KB)
- B - Chronology of Local Engagement (PDF, 172KB)
- C - Stopping Up Order with Plan (PDF, 78KB)
- D - Summary Schedule of Objections (PDF, 648KB)
Spanish Language Translations:
- A - Cronología de Eventos Clave (PDF, 66KB)
- B - Cronología de Participación Local (PDF, 163KB)
- C - Orden de Interrupción de Vías con Plano (PDF, 541KB)
- D - Resumen de la Relación de Objeciones (PDF, 714KB)
A paper copy of the Statement of Case with appendices, including the Spanish translation version of these documents, may be seen at the following venues on request between 9.30am-5pm Monday to Friday (Reference LEG/PP 51533 JXK):
- Civic Centre, High Road, Wood Green, N22 8LE
- Marcus Garvey Library, Tottenham Green Leisure Centre, 1 Philip Lane, N15 4JA
On 10 November 2015 the London Borough of Haringey’s Cabinet agreed to make a compulsory purchase order (CPO) to assist in assembling land needed to implement the Wards Corner development as part of the regeneration vision for Seven Sisters and Tottenham (external link).
The CPO was made on 22 September 2016 and was submitted to the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government for confirmation. Notice of the making of the CPO was delivered to affected owners, occupiers or authorised agents and published in the Wood Green and Tottenham Independent and the London Gazette on 23 September 2016 and again on 30 September 2016. Site notices were also erected and maintained around the site.
A copy of the council’s statement of reasons for making the order with appendices can be accessed below:
- Statement of Reasons (PDF, 786KB)
- Appendix A - Order Map (PDF, 1MB)
- Appedix B - Schedule of Interests (PDF, 1MB)
- Appendix C - The Planning Permission (PDF, 169KB)
- Appendix D - Local Engagement by Grainger (PDF, 65KB)
- Appendix E - Equalities Impact Assessment of the Wards Corner CPO 29/10/2015 (PDF, 2.6MB)
- Appendix F - Planning Sub - committee Report and minutes of 25/06/2012 (PDF, 2.5MB)
- Appendix G - Planning history of Order Land (PDF, 41KB)
- Appendix H - Reports: Cabinet Report and minutes 15/07/2014 and 10/11/2015 (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Appendix I - Scheme plans (the planning permission) (PDF, 1MB)
- Appendix J - Tottenham AAP Regulation 19 & 18 Consultation and responses (PDF, 208KB)
- Appendix K - Proposed Stopping - up Order Plan (PDF, 67KB)
- Appendix L - S106 Agreement (for the Planning Permission) (PDF, 4.2MB)
Spanish Language Translations
- Statement of Reasons - Spanish translation (PDF, 1MB)
- Appendix A - Order Map - Spanish translation (PDF, 948KB)
- Appendix B - Schedule of Interests - Spanish translation (PDF, 767KB)
- Appendix C - Planning Permission - Spanish translation (PDF, 138KB)
- Appendix D - Local Engagement by Grainger - Spanish translation (PDF, 185KB)
- Appendix E - EQIA - Spanish translation (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Appendix F (i) Planning Committee Report- Spanish translation (PDF, 1.4MB)
- Appendix F (ii) Planning Committee Minutes - Spanish translation (PDF, 428KB)
- Appendix G - Planning History of Order Land - Spanish translation (PDF, 281KB)
- Appendix H (i) Cabinet Report 10 Nov - Spanish translation (PDF, 432KB)
- Appendix H (ii) – Addendum Report for Cabinet - Spanish translation (PDF, 135KB)
- Appendix H (iii) Coversheet and Cabinet Minutes 10 Nov - Spanish translation (682KB)
- Appendix H (iv) Cabinet Report 15 Jul - Spanish translation (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Appendix H (v) Cabinet Minutes 15 July 2014 - Spanish Translation (199KB)
- Appendix I - Scheme plans (the planning permission) - Spanish translation (PDF, 1MB)
- Appendix J -Tottenham AAP Regulation - Spanish translation (PDF, 544KB)
- Appendix K - Proposed Stopping-up Order Plan - Spanish translation (PDF, 67KB)
- Appendix L - S106 Agreement (for the Planning Permission) - Spanish Translation (2.5MB)
Paper copies of the Statement of Reasons with appendices, including the Spanish translation version of these documents, are also still available to view at the following venues(i) Civic Centre, High Road, Wood Green, London, N22 8LE and (ii) Marcus Garvey Library Tottenham Green Leisure Centre, 1 Philip Lane, London, N15 4JA on request between 9.30am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
Further details regarding the CPO and Wards Corner development scheme can be found on the Wards Corner page of the Tottenham website (external link) and the Seven Sisters Regeneration website (external link).
General information regarding the CPO process is also available on the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) and Planning Portal websites as amended from time to time. Find out more at:
If you would like to speak to the Council about the CPO or if you require any further information, please contact:
- Barbara Wright | CPO Project Manager, Haringey Council
Tel: 020 8489 3651
Alternatively, Persona Associates, the council’s appointed land referencing agents for the project can assist with general queries regarding official correspondence you receive about the CPO notices – please contact:
- Linda Turner | Persona Associates
Tel: 01403 219 895
Grainger PLC (Grainger) have planning permission to redevelop the Wards Corner site. The development site includes all of the land between Tottenham High Road, Suffield Road, West Green Road and Seven Sisters Road as shown on the Wards Corner site plan below. The redevelopment involves the demolition of all of the properties within the red line site boundary and the construction of a new building which will include 196 homes as well as new commercial uses such as shops and restaurants.
The proposed development includes the demolition of all of the houses on the east side of Suffield Road. Under Section 105 of the Housing Act 1985 the council has a legal obligation to consult its secure tenants on ‘matters of housing management’ such as changes to the management, maintenance, improvement or demolition of houses let by them, or changes in the provision of amenities.
This consultation on this ran from Monday 5 October 2015 and ended on Monday 2 November 2015.
- S105 Housing letter (PDF, 39KB)
- Feedback form (PDF, 28KB)
- Wards Corner newsletter (PDF, 110KB)
- Wards Corner site plan (PDF, 351KB)
The regeneration of Seven Sisters and the redevelopment of the Wards Corner site has been a strategic priority for Haringey Council for a number of years. In 2004 Haringey Council adopted a planning brief for Wards Corner and Seven Sisters Underground in order to help facilitate the redevelopment of the Wards Corner site and the wider regeneration of the area. The emerging Tottenham Area Action Plan allocates the Wards Corner site for mixed use development providing town centre uses at ground floor level, including a replacement market with residential uses.
The Bridge New Deal for Communities and Haringey Council selected Grainger PLC as a development partner to bring forward proposals for the redevelopment of the Wards Corner Site. On 12 July 2012, the Council granted planning and conservation area consent to Grainger Plc for the redevelopment of the Wards Corner site with a mixed-use development including new retail and leisure space, a re-provided market and new residential units as well as improved public realm and landscaping.
The Planning Permission was the subject of a legal challenge, which was disposed of and rejected by the Court of Appeal in August 2013.
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.