- As from 1 May 2017 we will no longer be accepting utility bills as proof of address.
- When applying for permits for the new Bruce Grove North and Bruce Grove West Controlled Parking Zones (CPZ’s), please ensure that you select or amend the start date of the permit to start on 2 May 2017.
The Taxicard is a scheme that provides subsidised transport for people who have serious mobility impairment and difficulty in using public transport. Taxicard holders make journeys in licensed London taxis and private hire vehicles at a subsidised rate. The subsidy applies to each trip made.
- Application process
- Proof of address
- How to use your Taxicard
- Replacement Taxicard
- Contact us
The application form and guidance notes are available in the attached files section, or can be sent out by post by contacting Concessionary Travel on 020 8489 1000.
All applications are made directly to London Councils and then forwarded to the Concessionary Travel who assess the applications. Once approved, all applications are forwarded to London Councils who operate the scheme.
1. Any applicant who is registered blind. An applicant needs to provide:
- a registration card/letter issued by the sensory impairment team, or
- a BD8 report issued from a hospital
2. Any applicant in receipt of a war pensioner’s mobility supplement. An Applicant needs to provide:
- up to date evidence (required)
3. Any applicant in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) at the higher rate for mobility (help with getting around) or is in receipt of the mobility component of the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and scored eight points or more:
- current letter of entitlement is required, or
- copy of a current Motability finance agreement
Applicants who do not meet the automatic eligibility need to take the application form to their doctor. The doctors report needs to show that an applicant suffers from a long- term disability preventing them from using buses or other public transport services. Only applicants with a mobility impairment caused by a physical disability are eligible for a Taxicard.
Applicants who meet either the automatic or discretionary eligibility criteria are also required to provide evidence of Haringey residency such as:
- current Council Tax bill/letter/payment book/benefits, or
- current Council/Housing Association rent book
The following items if dated in the last 3 months are also acceptable:
- Residential Utility bill
- Residential bank or building society statement
- Inland Revenue letter
- Benefits Agency letter
- Residential credit card statement
- Along with two passport size photographs as well as proof of Haringey residence
When you receive your Taxicard, you will be provided with a unique customer number. You will be asked to provide this number when booking a Taxi. Taxis can be booked online at the Computer Cab website (external link), or by calling 020 7763 5001. Double swiping (being able to use two trips from your allowance on one journey so you receive a larger subsidy) is permitted by Haringey.
Detailed information regarding how the price of a journey is calculated is available on the London Councils website (external link).
Applicants who are unsuccessful will receive written notification of this decision advising them that they have 30 days to appeal against the decision by providing further medical evidence.
All lost, stolen or faulty Taxicards are replaced by London Councils. Please contact them on 020 7934 9791.
More information regarding the taxicard scheme can be found on the London Councils website (external link).
By email firstname.lastname@example.org
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.