We aim to provide a quality street lighting service to the borough working in partnership with our contractors, Ringway Jacobs.
Report a faulty street light
When reporting a faulty street light it helps us if you can supply:
- The street name and nearest house number to the street lamp
- The identity code number attached to the column
We will take immediate action to make the light safe in the following circumstances:
- Missing panel and exposed wires
- Lighting column knocked down or left bent and leaning
Please report emergency defects to us:
- Between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday - tel 020 8489 1335
- Outside of office hours, call our Emergency Helpline. This is open from 5pm to 8am Monday to Friday, and all day at weekends: tel 020 8489 0000
Please let us know if you spot:
- a broken street light
- a street light that stays on during the day - we don't pay for the wasted electricity, but every time it stays on for 24 hours it shortens the life of the lamp and will cost us more in the long term to maintain
Report it online
To report a problem with street lights, lit signs or lit bollards you need to register or log in to My Account and then select ‘Add a Report’ and select the correct category from the drop down menu:
We will inspect the problem within two working days and decide how urgently it needs to be fixed.
How long should it take?
Defects that are hazardous or serious will be prioritised. Hazardous defects will be repaired within 24 hours. Serious defects will be repaired within 7 days. We will aim to repair other defects that are not serious or hazardous within 28 working days, but we do not have the resources to repair every defect within that timescale and so will prioritise the more serious and potentially dangerous defects.
How will I be kept up to date?
We will contact you by email to let you know the result of the inspection and again when the repair has been completed.
You can also report this using your mobile phone via the Our Haringey app
Or via the contact details below.
We also carry out night-time inspections twice monthly.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with problems or concerns about street lighting and signs or bollards. We will try to deliver you the best service that we can.
Our longer term plans
We have programmes in place to renew older lighting columns in the borough with new ones that meet the latest European Standards.
24 hour Light Line: (record a message after 5pm and before 9am)
Tel 020 8489 1335
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.