We aim to provide a quality street lighting service to the borough working in partnership with our contractors, Ringway Jacobs.
Report a faulty street light
When reporting a faulty street light it helps us if you can supply:
- The street name and nearest house number to the street lamp
- The identity code number attached to the column
We will take immediate action to make the light safe in the following circumstances:
- Missing panel and exposed wires
- Lighting column knocked down or left bent and leaning
Please report emergency defects to us:
- Between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday, contact the Frontline Services Business Support Team: tel 020 8489 1335
- Outside of office hours, call our Emergency Helpline. This is open from 5pm to 8am Monday to Friday, and all day at weekends: tel 020 8489 0000
Please let us know if you spot:
- a broken street light
- a street light that stays on during the day - we don't pay for the wasted electricity, but every time it stays on for 24 hours it shortens the life of the lamp and will cost us more in the long term to maintain
Report it online
To report a problem with street lights, lit signs or lit bollards you need to register or log in to My Account and then select ‘Add a Report’ and select the correct category from the drop down menu:
You can also report this using your mobile phone via the Our Haringey app
Or via the contact details below.
What you can expect
Wherever possible, all street lights that are not working will be repaired within seven working days of being reported.
Please call us if you are concerned about the length of time a light is not working.
We also carry out night-time inspections twice monthly.
Please email email@example.com with problems or concerns about street lighting and signs or bollards. We will try to deliver you the best service that we can.
Our longer term plans
We have programmes in place to renew older lighting columns in the borough with new ones that meet the latest European Standards.
24 hour Light Line: (record a message after 5pm and before 9am)
Tel 020 8489 1335
Page Last Updated:
Please let us know if this page helped you find what you were looking for by answering the question below – you can also leave a comment for us. Please keep your comments relevant to this page.
Please note: all comments about web pages are reviewed by us once a week. All service requests need to be sent to Customer Services directly.