- System maintenance: We are undertaking some IT maintenance work this weekend (20 and 21 January) which may affect some of our e-forms and websites. If you encounter a problem please try again 30 minutes later. Sorry for any inconvenience.
- Recycle your Christmas tree - find out more on our Christmas tree recycling page.
- Locations of Haringey's public toilets
- Automatic public toilets
- What the council is doing to improve public toilets
- Understanding the service
Listed below are all public toilets managed by Haringey Council.
Opening hours are from 9am - 5pm for traditional toilets. The two automatic public conveniences can be used 24 hours a day. Disabled access is via a RADAR key unless otherwise stated (see external links section below for how to obtain a RADAR key). Please click on the links below to view a location map of a public toilet. Alternatively you can download the map in the attached files section.
|Coombes Croft||Corner of Tottenham High Road and Park Lane||Yes||Yes (Spurs match days and every Thursday only)||No|
|Crouch End||Hatherley Gardens, next to library||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Muswell Hill||Summerland Gardens, behind Marks and Spencer||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|St Ann’s Road||Opposite St Ann’s General Hospital, by Chestnut’s Recreation Ground||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Please note that the Lordship Lane public toilet closed in March 2011. New facilities are planned for Lordship Recreation Ground as part of the future redevelopment of that park - please see the Lordship Rec page for more information.
If you would like to report a problem with one of our public toilets you can use the report a problem page, or contact the Veolia Haringey Contact Centre:
- Tel: 020 8885 7700
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Automatic public toilets that cost 10p to use (or free with RADAR key).
These toilets can be used by men, women and those with disabilities.
At the entrance to Finsbury Park on Seven Sisters Road near Blackstock Road
Please note: Finsbury Park Automated Public Convenience is being repaired so is temporarily out of service
|Wood Green||At the corner of High Road N22 and Alexandra Road, outside Boots.|
There are also publicly accessible toilets, not managed by Haringey Council, at the following locations:
- Priory Park (No disabled access, currently closed for refurbishment)
- Albert Road Recreation (No disabled access)
- Wood Green shopping centre (Disabled access available without RADAR key)
- Finsbury Park Lake (Disabled Access, RADAR Key required )
Information on RADAR Keys and where to obtain them can be found on the RADAR Website (external link)
We realise the importance of public toilets and are exploring ways to improve them, including:
- assessing the toilets that we already have, making necessary improvements to make them more pleasant to use.
- exploring ways of providing public toilets in partnership with other public bodies or local businesses;
- carry out research across the borough to make sure that we are providing public toilets where they are most needed and not wasting resources on public toilets that are in the wrong locations; and
- exploring ways of providing well-equipped toilets that are vandal-proof, safe and accessible for all to use.
There are many challenges facing us in providing public toilets, such as:
- There is no legal requirement for local authorities to provide public toilets, so there is no government funding set aside for it. This means that we have to find the money from elsewhere and other services may be more of a priority.
- Vandalism and graffiti happen regularly and are a huge drain on resources. This is the reason why many public toilets have been closed. There are other forms of anti-social behaviour, which threaten the safety of genuine visitors to public toilets, and solutions are very difficult and / or expensive to provide.
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.