Wood Green Town Centre Improvements
Haringey Council is working with Transport for London to improve Wood Green’s public spaces and create a safer, brighter and greener town centre.
We’ve invested £4.2million to de-clutter pavements and open spaces from Wood Green to Turnpike Lane Tube Stations and make the High Road a more welcoming place for residents.
Highlights of the scheme include:
- Wider pavements; new, more sensible pedestrian crossings, and raised road surfaces to cut driving speeds and prioritise shoppers and visitors at junctions
- New bus shelters along the High Road, with stopping points moved to more accessible places and ‘Legible London’ signage installed to help visitors find their way around
- More trees and plants to spruce up public spaces, alongside new ‘green walls’
- Better cycling facilities, with more bike stands and a review of all current cycle routes
- Improved street lighting, picturesque lights in trees and lighting of alleyways and dark spots to improve safety
Hundreds of local people and traders had their say on the plans during consultation by filling in questionnaires and attending drop-in sessions.
To see a summary of the plans, download the Wood Green scheme overview booklet (PDF 2MB). Some features – such as benches, bins and lighting – are not included in this summary due to scale limitations.
You can download the previous public consultation documents here:
- Wood Green Public Realm Enhancements - Leaflet (PDF, 1MB)
- Wood Green Public Realm Enhancement - Booklet (PDF, 2MB)
You can also download the public consultation analysis document here:
For information on the Wood Green Recycling Plan, please read our Wood Green TfL Major Scheme - Reused design features document (PDF, 2MB)
Page Last Updated:
Please let us know if this page helped you find what you were looking for by answering the question below – you can also leave a comment for us. Please keep your comments relevant to this page.
Please note: all comments about web pages are reviewed by us once a week. All service requests need to be sent to Customer Services directly.