Pay By Phone
The quick and easy way to pay
PayByPhone is a quick and secure way to pay for parking. Instead of having to find the right change for a pay and display machine, you can simply use your mobile phone to pay and the parking fee is charged to your credit or debit card.
No longer having to queue at a pay and display machine, you can pay for your parking session using your phone from your car. You can also receive reminder texts so that you always know when your parking session is about to end.
You no longer need to hurry back to your vehicle as you can use your mobile phone to add more parking time up to the maximum stay time limit from wherever you are.
We will not be removing pay and display machines as this is an alternative and convenient option for paying for your parking. There is a small fixed service charge of 20p per transaction.
To use the service you need to register your vehicle and payment card details (external link). You only need to do this once and then you can use PayByPhone whenever you need to pay for parking.
How to use PayByPhone
There are five ways that you can use PayByPhone whenever you need to pay for parking.
- On the PayByPhone website (external link)
- On the PayByPhone mobile-friendly website (external link)
- Download the app for your mobile phone
- Call 02033 621100
- Text 65565
To see how simple it is to use, check out the short videos on You Tube (external link).
What are the benefits?
- Register once and you can use the service to pay for future parking sessions
- There is no need to find change for parking machines
- It’s quick and easy to use
- Simple, secure payment - from the comfort and safety of your vehicle
- For an extra 10p charge you can also get a text message telling you when your time is running out and your fees need topping up. (If you don't want this service you can opt out of receiving this and other extras when you register.)
- You can extend your parking without returning to your car
- Smartphone users can use an App or use the Mobile web - see the simple user-guides (external link)
Enforcement of Pay and Display bays
Resident should be aware that they might not see pay and display tickets displayed on vehicles as the owners are likely to be using our PayByPhone system. Our Civil Enforcement Officers will be monitoring this system.
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.