Resident Parking Permit - First Time Applications
This page is for first time applicants. If you have successfully applied before please visit our section on renewing your permit.
- Before you apply
- Receiving your permit
- Apply for a parking permit
- Current charges
You will need to have:
- Valid registration document (commonly referred to as the logbook or V5 document). In the absence of a full logbook, please provide us with a bill of sale and the new keeper's supplement. Please note that we cannot accept a new keeper's supplement on its own as proof of vehicle ownership. If you do not have the required documents, please email Permits-Vouchers@haringey.gov.uk to apply for a temporary permit.
- Proof of residency, such as a utility bill dated within the last 3 months or a tenancy agreement. If you are registered for council tax, you can provide your reference number (first 10 digits) in the application
- A valid debit or credit card
Once we have received your online application, and the verification documents we need (see resident parking permit criteria), the permit will be processed by us and sent to you within 5 working days.
Moving into a CPZ
The vehicle registration document has to show an address that is within a Controlled Parking Zone. If you have moved into a Controlled Parking Zone and you require your vehicle registration document to be updated to show your new address, you can apply for a Temporary Permit in order to allow you park.
You can apply for a temporary permit by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or attending a Customer Service Centre.
If you apply by email, please include your:
- Telephone number
- Council tax reference number or proof of address outlined above
- Vehicle registration and make.
You will be contacted by phone in order for payment to be taken.
- A monthly Temporary Permit costs £22.30 per month
- A two week permit costs £13.05
If you have access to a scanner or digital camera you can attach copies of your verification documents when you apply online, or email them to Permits-Vouchers@haringey.gov.uk This will speed up the process.
Please note your digital copies need to be legible and less than 4MB each in terms of file size.
If you cannot get digital copies of these documents to upload when you apply online, then you will need to make a note of the reference number beginning with 'TF', your registration number, your name and address and post paper copies to the following address:
- London Borough of Haringey
PO Box 55235
For more details about formats and evidence accepted, see our resident parking permit criteria page.
You cannot print your permit yourself. This is only applicable for renewed permits. First time permits have to be processed by officers in the back office who will send you the permit by post within 5 days.
Please note: it is important that after you have paid for your permit, you click the Finish button.
The shopping cart is now available for multiple purchases of vouchers and permits, but please be aware - due to high demand for hourly visitors vouchers we are unable to fulfil requests for hourly visitors vouchers within our normal timeframe. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and we are working towards fulfilling requests for hourly vouchers as soon as possible.
If you don't want to apply online, you can complete the Resident Permit Application Form (PDF, 51KB) and return it to us with all the supporting information requested. If you urgently require a permit, you can attend one of our Customer Service Centres.
CO2 Emission Band
First Permit (Annual)
Second and Subsequent
|1 (up to 100 CO2 g/km - including electric vehicles)|
|2 (101-150 CO2 g/km)|
|3 (151-185 CO2 g/km)|
|4 (186 CO2 g/km and over)|
First Permit (Annual)
Second and Subsequent
|1549cc or less|
|1550cc to 3000cc|
|3001cc and above|
- Please note there is no concessionary rate for residential permits.
- Please ensure you pay any outstanding Penalty Charge Notices before applying for your permit.
Page Last Updated:
Please let us know if this page helped you find what you were looking for by answering the question below – you can also leave a comment for us. Please keep your comments relevant to this page.
Please note: all comments about web pages are reviewed by us once a week. All service requests need to be sent to Customer Services directly.