Reader Card for The Gardens N4
- How to apply for a reader card
- Guidance notes for residents
- Your entitlement to a reader card
- If you have a residents permit
- If you do not have a residents permit
- Payment and charges
- Postal application
- Fraud Prevention statement
Please read the following guidance information carefully before you start to complete the application form in the attached files section below. It provides additional information about the reader card to help with queries and to reduce possible delays in processing applications.
The purpose of the proximity reader cards is to allow entry and exit through the gate to residents who have a vehicle registered to them at their address and who live within the specified area.
You can apply for a reader card by post. If you have never applied for a resident permit for Green Lanes Controlled Parking Zone you will have to provide proof of residence and proof of vehicle ownership when making your application as you will not be registered on our system.
The first issue of the reader card is free. You are entitled to a reader card if you are aged 18 or over have a vehicle registered at your address in your name and usually live in one of these roads:
- Salisbury Road
- Kimberley Gardens
- Chesterfield Gardens
- Roseberry Gardens
- Rutland Garden
- Stanhope Gardens
- Doncaster Gardens
- Portland Gardens
- Cleveland Gardens
- Warwick Gardens.
If you have use of a Company vehicle as the sole driver you will need to provide a letter from the Company on their business headed paper confirming your use of the vehicle.
- Enter your Resident Permit number and Vehicle Registration number in the top right corner of the application.
- Complete your full name and address in Part 1 of the form.
- Complete the declaration in Part 4 of the form.
- Sign the form.
- Post it to the address at the bottom of that page.
For various reasons not everyone in this area has had to apply for a residents permit. In this case you will not be registered on the Council's Parking system and will need to provide proof of residence and proof of vehicle ownership. Please complete all sections of the application form. Failure to provide adequate information or documentation may result in rejection of your application or a delay in the issue of your reader card.
The following documents must be attached to the application form
- Proof of residence Send us a photocopy of any two of the following documents (which must be recent and show your current address)
- gas, electricity or telephone bill
- council tax demand
- bank or credit card statement
- rent book, tenancy agreement or mortgage statement
- drivers licence
- Inland Revenue notice of tax code.
- Medical Card
- Proof of vehicle ownership Send us a photocopy of one of the following (which must show your current address)
- the vehicle registration document (form V5)
- insurance certificate (showing your address)
- for a company vehicle a letter from the Company on business headed paper confirming your sole use of that vehicle.
Please send copies of documents not the originals as we won't accept responsibility for any original documents which are sent through the post.
Your first Reader Card is free of charge to residents who can provide proof of address and proof of vehicle ownership in one of the roads mentioned.
The number of cards issued per household is dependent on the number of vehicles owned (or Company vehicles) that a household has i.e. if the household has two resident permits or can prove ownership of two vehicles the household will be permitted a maximum of two reader cards. A reader card will not be issued based on the number of adults in the household.
Each applicant will be provided with only one reader card free of charge.
The cost of replacement of a damaged or worn out card is an administration cost of £10. To receive a replacement for a damaged or worn out card, you must give back the original card. If the original card is not surrendered then it will be deemed to be lost and the charges detailed below will apply.
Charges will apply if a card is lost or misplaced:
A reader card will only be replaced three times. Following this no more cards will be issued to the applicant for a period of at least twelve months.
Please do not delay in making your application. Every effort will be made to deal with it speedily but you should allow 10 working days for your application to be processed.
Please send the completed form to:
London Borough of Haringey
PO Box 55235
Haringey Council is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers, and to this end may use the information you have provided on this form for the prevention and detection of fraud. It may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds in order to prevent and detect fraud.
For further information write to the Data Protection Officer
Data Protection Officer
Feedback & Information Team
River Park House
225 High Road
Or email email@example.com
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.