- As from 1 May 2017 we will no longer be accepting utility bills as proof of address.
- The start date for the Bruce Grove North (BGN) and Bruce Grove West (BGW) controlled parking zones has been postponed until Monday 12 June 2017 - find out more here
Companion Badge Parking Permit
- How can I apply for a Companion Badge?
- Changing your vehicle
- Change of Address
- Where does the scheme not apply?
This is a scheme to tackle the theft of blue badges from disabled drivers’ vehicles when parked outside their home.
To tackle this problem Haringey has introduced the Companion Badge. The Companion Badge incorporates the vehicle registration number so that it cannot be used on any other vehicle, and is therefore of no value to anyone other than the legitimate holder.
The Companion Badge does not replace the blue badge and can be used 24 hours a day and is valid for the life of the blue badge. The Companion Badge cannot be used anywhere outside the borough.
You can apply for a Companion Badge if:
- You hold a valid disabled blue badge and live in Haringey
- Your permanent home address is within the boundary of a parking zone
- You must regularly reside at that address and have continuous residence there
- You must be able to designate only one vehicle to register with the Companion Badge
- The vehicle registration document (V5-Logbook) must be registered to your address
Your vehicle must:
- Have a V5 registration document (logbook)
- Be a passenger vehicle built or adapted to carry 8 passengers or fewer, not including the driver
You must also provide proof of address:
This must be no older than 3 months and can be any of the following:
- Residential Utility Bill
- Council tax account number
- HM Revenue letter
Third party applicants
A third party can apply for a Companion Badge on behalf of a Blue Badge holder. However, the person must live at the same address as the Blue Badge holder, and the vehicle they are applying for the Companion Badge for must be registered at the Blue Badge holder's address. Satisfactory proof that this is a permanent arrangement must be provided to us.
- Download and print an application form: Companion Badge application form (PDF, 72KB)
- Telephone 020 8489 1000
Return completed application form by post to:
- PO Box 55290
London Borough of Haringey
If you change your vehicle please send a copy of your new vehicle's logbook, the old Companion Badge and a cheque or postal order for £11.40 to:
- PO Box 55290
London Borough of Haringey
You should receive your replacement permit within 5 working days.
If you change your address within Haringey please notify Concessionary Travel so we can amend our records. You will need to provide proof of residence at your new address. There will be no need to change your Companion Badge.
If you move out of Haringey or dispose of your vehicle, the Companion Badge must be returned to Concessionary Travel immediately.
If you are unable to supply any of the documents specified above, or if you are unsure of your entitlement to a Companion Badge please telephone Concessionary Travel on Tel 020 8489 1000 for further advice before you make your application.
There is an administration charge to replace your companion badge if it is lost or stolen or damaged.
If a replacement Companion badge is required (for example when a new vehicle is acquired) , the administration charge will have to be paid prior to the issuance of a new permit.
The badge will be issued for a maximum of three years, to coincide with the same expiry date as your blue badge. Payments can only be made by cheque or postal order.
The scheme does not apply outside the London Borough of Haringey and in the following parking areas:
- where parking restrictions are in operation
- in a suspended bay
- where parking causes obstruction
- in any parking place reserved for specific users eg doctors or traders
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.