Business Parking Permit
To be eligible for a business parking permit the following must apply:
- You run a business in a Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ)
- You must show us that parking your vehicle in the CPZ is essential to the successful operation of your business.
Please note: Business Permits are based on the CO2 emissions of vehicles registered on or after 23 March 2001.
For vehicles registered before 23 March 2001 the charges are based on engine size.
To apply online for a business parking permit for the first time, you will need to provide the following information:
- Proof of business location within the Controlled Parking Zone with current printed business stationery showing the trading address and VAT registration number or company registration number
- Proof of vehicle ownership - Vehicle registration document in the business name. However, if the registration document is not in the business name we will need a statement on the company headed paper and signed by the company secretary
- A business case on letter headed paper explaining how the vehicle is used to support your business. The business case will then be considered by an officer who will make the decision whether or not to issue the permit
You can renew your Business Permit by email or by post. However, all renewal applications must contain the vehicle's V5 document or logbook, a business case on headed company paper and a filled in application form which you can find in the attached files section.
If you wish to renew by email, please send the required documents to email@example.com. Please include a telephone number by which we can contact you to take payment by card. We will aim to process the application within 5 working days.
If you wish to renew your permit by post, please complete the Business Permit application form in the attached files section.
If you have access to a scanner or digital camera you can attach copies of your verification documents when you apply online, or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org This will speed up the process.
Please note your digital copies need to be legible and less than 4MB each in terms of file size.
Once we have received your online application, and the verification documents we need (see above list) the permit will be processed by us and sent to you within 5 working days.
If you cannot get digital copies of these documents to upload when you apply online, then you will need to make a note of the reference number beginning with 'TF', your registration number, your name and address and post paper copies to the following address:
- Business Permits
PO Box 55235
We reserve the right to refuse a permit where the business case does not justify the essential need for a permit.
The Business permit will be valid for use only in relevant parking bays within the controlled parking zone in which the business is located. If you have queries regarding the location of business bays within a Controlled Parking Zone please email email@example.com
Business permit holders may park in Business permit only bays or shared use bays (permit holders and Pay & Display).
Business Permits are not valid in Residents only bays or Pay & Display only bays, or resident permit shared use bays (resident permit holders and pay & display).
- Tel 020 8489 1000
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.