- Bank holiday closures: Customer Service Centres and libraries in Haringey will be closed on Monday 28 May.
- Please note: our new permit prices will take effect from 3 April 2018 - see details of our new permit prices (PDF, 168KB).
About Visitors Parking Permits
- Who qualifies
- How to apply
- Terms and conditions
- Permit prices
- How to use your visitor permit
- Fraud prevention
To be eligible to buy a short stay visitor permit you must be a resident in a Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) and be aged 18 or over.
Please note that if you are landlord of a property and not residing in it, you are not eligible to buy visitors permits. You can however, apply for a Trader's Permit to allow you to park near the property. Trader's Permits can be found on the Trader's Permits page.
Our quick and easy tool will help you to register and apply for visitor permits online:
Renewing by post
Please download and complete the Resident and Visitor Parking Permit application form (PDF, 128KB).
Your completed form and any accompanying cheque/documents should be posted to:
- London Borough of Haringey
PO Box 55235
We aim to process your visitor permit application within 10 working days (from the date we received it). If you have not received your permits after this time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will look into the matter further.
- We only accept applications from residents
- Permits are for residential use only to allow parking within a Controlled Parking Zone during the hours of the CPZ
- We have a no refund or exchanges policy for visitor permits
- Permits are non-transferable
- Residents and guests are responsible for checking the hours of the CPZ
- Permits are not valid when a parking suspension is in force for where the vehicle is parked
- Permits are only valid in:
- Residents Permit Holders Only Bays
- Permit Holders or Shared Use Bays (eg Residents Permit Holders and Pay by Phone Only Bays)
- Permits are not valid in:
- Pay by Phone Only Bays
- Business Only Bays
- Any other specific use bays
- Permits must be displayed clearly in the windscreen of the vehicle
- Residents and guests are responsible for correctly scratching the panels that are relevant to the date, time and year you are using the permit for
- A permit may be withdrawn or cancelled if it is not used in accordance with these terms and conditions (under these circumstances you will not be entitled to any refund)
- If you are visiting someone who lives in a CPZ area, you can ask him or her to give you one of their visitor parking permits (if they have any). Please take time to read the conditions of use printed on the back of the voucher.
- If you are not visiting a particular resident you cannot get a visitor’s parking permit and you should not pay another person to use a resident visitor permit.
- However, you can buy a pay and display ticket from a pay and display machine and park in a pay and display bay or shared use bay for up to two hours. You must buy a ticket that is valid for the whole of the time you wish to park.
- Once you have bought the ticket you cannot put more money in the machine to buy extra time. You must leave the bay when your time is up, otherwise a Penalty Charge Notice may be issued.
Visitor permits may only be given to those calling at the permit holder's address. It is the householder's responsibility to ensure that their permit is retrieved from a visitor's vehicle at the end of their stay. All permits must be displayed clearly in the windscreen of the vehicle.
Please note that visitor permits are not valid when a suspension is in force for where the vehicle is parked. Parking places are suspended by us and on occasions the Police. Suspension notices are displayed within parking places where existing signs advise what type of bay it is and who may park there.
Each time you park or drive away your vehicle it is recommended that you check for displayed yellow suspension signs. These yellow suspension signs will have clearly displayed information advising of the start and end dates for a suspension. Vehicles may not park on the dates the suspension is in force and within the area specified on the suspension sign. Any vehicles parked in a suspended parking place may be issued a penalty notice and if necessary removed to our car pound.
We have a duty to protect public funds. The information you provide may be used for the prevention and detection of fraud. We may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for fraud prevention and detection purposes.
For further information contact:
Data Protection Officer
Feedback and Information Team
River Park House
225 High Road
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.