- As from 1 May 2017 we will no longer be accepting utility bills as proof of address.
- When applying for permits for the new Bruce Grove North and Bruce Grove West Controlled Parking Zones (CPZ’s), please ensure that you select or amend the start date of the permit to start on 2 May 2017.
Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) Enforcement
Why do we use CCTV enforcement?
As part of our commitment to ease traffic congestion and improve road safety, Haringey Council uses a network of CCTV cameras to enforce parking and moving traffic contraventions.
Enforcement of parking and moving traffic restrictions helps the Council to achieve our commitment to reduce traffic congestion, improve air quality, improve road safety, and ensure that the limited amount of space available for parking is made available for those who need it.
Moving traffic offences used to be enforced by the Police, who transferred their responsibilities to the Council to enable them to focus on other parts of transport and fighting crime.
What do we enforce using CCTV?
- Bus lanes – research shows that this enforcement reduces the abuse of bus lanes and improves bus running times.
- Moving traffic offences – we enforce 21 signs that are all well known to drivers and are part of the Highway Code. These include yellow box junctions, banned turns and no entry. The full list of signs is set out on our Look out for the Signs page.
- Parking infringements – this enables us to enforce ‘hot spots’ that our on-street enforcement officers find it difficult to enforce.
Where do we use CCTV enforcement?
Most of our CCTV cameras are located in fixed positions. The locations of these cameras can be viewed on our CCTV locations page.
Freedom of Information and Data Protection
Please see the CCTV, Freedom of Information and Data Protection page for information about our use and handling of CCTV images.
If you have any suggestions for locations that require enforcement within Haringey please contact us:
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.